A&H

Soon to be doing course

How would you recommend badging kit for new referees?

• Total voters

jayjay1989

Level 9 Referee
Good morning all i'm doing my basic ref course in August and once done want to start my 6 games asap so will be looking into getting kit either this pay day or next so wondering when it comes to badging kit what would you recommend (poll attached)

Many thanks for any help in advance also if there is a list of items you guys would recommend for a new referee let me know thanks.

The Referee Store
Welcome mate. Don't be encouraging people to discuss what items you need, you will end up swamped with long lists of crazy items that we carry around! we seem to have this discussion every few months so maybe it is just that time again! :D

Ok lets rephrase only items you use regularly don't want to end up looking like a boy scout (always prepared) no offence meant to any boy scouts out there. also i'm a runner would an of your recommend or have any opinions on using my garmin gps watch as it would alow me to keep time monitor heat rate.

Last edited:
Lol

Whistle
Yellow and red card
Notepad and pen

Some leagues require you to have your own flags for CARs, some don't.

Check out the forum shop for some of the above listed.

Welcome first of all :D

Second, no need to go mad, couple of whistles, notebook and some cards, watch, flags and your kit, job done!!

That looks fine, I wont be sourcing any kit any time soon, so don't worry about that. Accessories I can do, but not the kit

Only thing id say, is consider buying some cheaper flags as they will get damaged by CARS, so don't go giving them your decent flags

ok fair enough one thing i would say about your store is that it does not seem to have a link back to the forum other than at the bottom that may make it hard for users who find the ref chat shop through search engine to know there is also a forum.

To be honest mate, they'll probably find the forum first before the store :p, I need to sort the styling out on the shop, so there will be a new style in the not too distant future

I did assume that would be the case as forums tend to appear higher in search engines due to them having fresh content.

Black boots!! Far too many new refs wearing their playing boots to referee in. Orange boots don't look great on a referee.

i did read that one darren I have brought some umbro specialli I have to say one of the most comfortable boots I have ever worn

I'd recommend, as it is your first season, to get your County FA badge embroided onto your referee shirt. I say this mainly because your County will appoint you to County Cup matches; where the County FA badge is required to be worn on your referee shirt. Then in future seasons, possibly consider buying a new kit with the FAMOA badge embroided.

On the contrary, you could just get the FAMOA badge embroided and on County Cup matches attach the County FA badge on with masking-tape. It's not my cup of tea, but a few of my colleagues do it.

Best wishes with the course and future refereeing!

Back