A&H

Something I've just seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAM

Level 4 Referee
One player I've seen a picture has his socks rolled down and children shin pads with half his shins on show.
In LOTG it states - Shin guards are:
Covered entirely by socks.
Made of rubber, plastic or similar suitable material.
Provide a reasonable degree of protection.

The first two are fine the picture shows no shin pad but it's the last point that is getting me as he has half of his shin on show - to me that's dangerous.

Can't get the picture to transfer on iPhone so got the link here: https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/551765776353726464?s=17

The Referee Store
Reuben Reid for Plymouth has them like that as well, in fact I was convinced he didn't even have shin pads on

In France players aren't obligated to wear shin pads, if not the ref just has to write it on the game sheet
Don't know if it's the same in England

In France players aren't obligated to wear shin pads, if not the ref just has to write it on the game sheet
Don't know if it's the same in England

Is it not part of the players basic equipment?

Under Law 4?

Therefore not optional but mandatory?

Didn't really get it either during my ref-course but I'm 100% sure of what I just said

It is an obligation under Law4 BUT : the lack of shin pads isn't a valid reason to disqualify a player or a team, therefore, you can't do anything more than right it on the game sheet and let whoever job is deal with it :)

In England the player wouldnt be allowed to play. Its in the LOTG as mandatory equipment, the same as the ball, corner flags and goalposts are

It is an obligation under Law4 BUT : the lack of shin pads isn't a valid reason to disqualify a player or a team, therefore, you can't do anything more than right it on the game sheet and let whoever job is deal with it :)

Errrr...it's your job. The player cannot comply with law 4 if they are not wearing shin pads, therefore should be instructed to leave the FOP and is not allowed to return until their equipment is correct.

Therefore it follows that they shouldn't be allowed to start without having the compulsory equipment specified in law 4 which includes shin pads.

I'm just explaining to you what was explained to me, I don't get why you two are so aggressive, I don't make the rules, here it's not my job to say to a player he can't play for this reason, my job is to acknowledge this fact and write it down on the game sheet, period.

He's played like that all last season in league one when he was on loan at notts county and this season when he's come on for villa. Not entirely sure why it's allowed but if there was a real problem with them, I'm sure one of the officials he's had would have stopped him

Yachino - the lack of shin pads IS a valid reason to disqualify a player from starting the match. Similarly, if a player cannot take his ring off / can't take his ear piercing out, they simply do not start the game (if you are brave enough)

Oh for god sake

I'm just explaining to you what was explained to me, I don't get why you two are so aggressive, I don't make the rules, here it's not my job to say to a player he can't play for this reason, my job is to acknowledge this fact and write it down on the game sheet, period.

Here : http://paris-idf.fff.fr/common/ligu...0/120913162502_rsg_2012-2013_ver.22082012.pdf

Article 16.3 if your french is bad use a translator, I'm tired of explaining myself to condescending people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back