A&H

So, who is definitely going for promotion this year

I had to pay £25 to apply, I have had confirmation of fees paid as I dropped the money in at the office.

But with tomorrow being the 1st of March and the new marking season I do not know if I have been accepted onto the scheme or had any notification of who to inform of matches etc....

A bit of a poor show as we have now started.

The Referee Store
As far as Im aware its all competencies for the level are and show most of the level your going for, this could be between 50-100% depending on your assessor :)
Also page 7 Iin assessors book section 1.6 explaines what is required

Hey Grayson,

I have read the competences, to get promotion to level 6 am I right in thinking you need to be competent in the level 7 and 6 competences?

Level 5 you would need to be competent in level 6 and 5

Yeah, for a promotion assessment, demonstrate competencies from the level you're aspiring for. Good luck!

Hey Grayson,

I have read the competences, to get promotion to level 6 am I right in thinking you need to be competent in the level 7 and 6 competences?

Level 5 you would need to be competent in level 6 and 5
Same with me Steve, so wouldn't worry too much as we're the same County FA

Good luck to all those applying for promotion this season. I'm waiting to find out if I can get promoted without being assessed ;)

One thing I will say is keep a record of all the eligible games that you officiate.

One down, 19 to go for me now
Not the greatest start though IMO, one team hell bent on making the match as hard as possible for me. Ah well on to the next one ey.

Was assessed yesterday. Good match but very niggly from one team throughout and it exploded in the 85th minute with a mass confrontation resulting in 2 VC reds. I then exercised my match slowing down tactics as discussed elsewhere.

Only thing he mentioned after the match was that I wasn't going into the box enough, stopping just outside. I thought a bit harsh as the game kind of dictates where I go, but I suppose you get a different view of what the ref is doing from the touchline. Wait and see what the mark is when it comes through snail mail next week.

Edit: he also stated I missed 3 foot up foul throws... That is annoying as I am usually hot on that one.

Last edited:
Back