A&H

So, who is definitely going for promotion this year

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
Me, 7 to 6, paid my £40, got my receipt, promotion meeting in April in my diary.

Anyone else - and no wishy-wishy, still haven't finalised it types please :)

The Referee Store
Retiring from the green bit at the end of this season after 15 seasons in the middle and on the line, so no I'm not applying.

You'll be one of the guys trying to get refs from 7-6 etc won't you Brian? Carrying on with the assessing I hope & assume?

Trying to finish Saturday's reports at the moment and then email tomorrow night's referee :)

I'll keep going until it stops being fun. As for tutoring, well that just keeps getting better.

I also have a trip to Madrid planned for June as a referee coach, so things aren't all doom and gloom

Trying to finish Saturday's reports at the moment and then email tomorrow night's referee :)

I'll keep going until it stops being fun. As for tutoring, well that just keeps getting better.

I also have a trip to Madrid planned for June as a referee coach, so things aren't all doom and gloom
You have my ideal job! I want to assess, tutor & coach/mentor as much as possible!

On a thread related note, L4 don't decide when to go for promotion, decided by a host of things...that I'm not going into now!

You have my ideal job! I want to assess, tutor & coach/mentor as much as possible!

On a thread related note, L4 don't decide when to go for promotion, decided by a host of things...that I'm not going into now!
I have a proper job as well as my football jobs. I don't get much sleep :)

I'm currently on the scheme 7-6 and if I qualify ill be 6-5 next promotion season so a lot of hard work ahead :)

Dave - any pearls of wisdom for those about to embark on the 7 to 6 from your own experiences. Any positives? Any negatives?

Any feedback gratefully received

Haywain - referee to the laws of the game. Sounds simple but it's actually true. An example of a question from the paper is about throw ins.

A player takes a throw 10 metres closer to his own goal, than where the ball went out. What do you do?

A: Allow him to take the throw as no advantage has been gained.
B: Award the throw- to the other team (Foul-throw)
C: Indirect free-kick to the opposite team.
D: Restart with a drop-ball.

A is what we would probably do but is wrong in law. B is the correct answer. If you ensure that you do this in all your games it will feel natural when you are assessed and will not look like you have just changed your game for the assessor. This does not mean caution for every infringement but just tighten up.

I'll be going for 7-6 as well, sent my form and cheque off a few weeks ago, but not had any receipt back yet

I won't - I only joined the ranks in October so I'll be continuing at this level til the end of next season before I consider applying.

Good initiative from my County F.A.

Dear Promotion Candidate

I am writing to you with the opportunity of further development, directly related to your promotion ambitions.

It has been identified by assessors that a number of level 7 promotion referees drop marks in their early assessments because they are not doing the basics or are not doing them correctly. This then leaves them playing catch-up for the remainder of their assessments.

Therefore it has been suggested that we add an additional development opportunity to the level 7 promotion candidates to cover this.

I am pleased to announce that it has been agreed that you can attend one of the Sussex County FA Cup Finals for this development. You will be split into small groups and allocated an assessor to ensure you know what they are looking for.

That sounds like a very good idea from your county.

I've sent off my application today, 7-6 the same as many of you on here. Heres hoping the weather improves in March and we can start getting some games in.

Back