A&H

Smartwatch replaces the pad?

I have trialled that app at my U18 girls this morning.
The watch is a bog standard LG G watch(£30 off eBay boxed). And I find quite OK. It has countdown as well as up, and record same info. In the beta testing you need to be careful about the yellows as it doesn't automatically converts to reds(coming in next version) oh and a step counter.
I am on their panel for testing, and use a garmin forerunner with hrm on the other wrist. All in all not a bad app.

Reactions: DB
The Referee Store
I shall be beta testing a new pencil tomorrow.....

Unfortunately my notebook doesn't automatically convert yellows to reds....don't think it will be included in the next version either.
Funnily enough, it's never been an issue as I find that following the correct procedure coupled with reading what I have already recorded in my notebook has always been sufficient to identify which yellows need converting to red.

@Padfoot hey lemme know how it goes.... I may invest in it....
I come up with a faster way to record the yellow and red card...
Similar to the skins, but cheaper (live in yorkshire).... Masking tape to yellow/red cards and pencil to write down names/numbers

With only 4 games under your belt this season @Padfoot, do you even need to sharpen said pencil? :ninja::rolleyes:

Mine is LG G watch, LGW100, and on Sunday the app randomly shut down in middle of second half, luckily enough I had my trusted forerunner, at least for time keeping.

I've just been told that my Moto 2 360 sport won't be delivered until the end of the month, bearing in mind I ordered it on 20/01!!

Ah, the dreaded app-crash!! I'll certainly be using my normal watch just in case that happens! Just looking now at another watch to trial the app on, going to get a 2nd hand one off ebay I think just whilst I wait for mine to finally arrive.

My LG was only £30 off eBay, boxed.
I have actually bought it to try the app, as my weapon of choice was a forerunner 220 for the fitness bit(read I'm working on it), and a cheap £7 lidl watch, which surprisingly have the countdown timer.
To be honest I'd love the app to send all details, say to a phone app, so you have everything there.

I think that's what they are planning (the impression I got when I was talking to them). I think the idea of it is fantastic. I'll have to have a look for one for £30. I'm happy to wait for the Moto watch for the HRS and step counter etc.

I've looked on ebay and haven't found one for under £40 yet. Obviously I want one as cheap as I can as I've just spent over £200 on the moto, I'll have to keep looking.

Back