A&H

SIN BIN QUERY

Boltonborn78

Level 5 Referee
If you were in a cup game that gone to full time and straight to penalties but you have someone serving a time out in a Sin Bin, I I am presuming the player would not be allowed to re-enter the field of play to be involved in the penalty shoot out and their opponent's would then have to lose a player so its equal numbers.

Is this correct?

The Referee Store
If you were in a cup game that gone to full time and straight to penalties but you have someone serving a time out in a Sin Bin, I I am presuming the player would not be allowed to re-enter the field of play to be involved in the penalty shoot out and their opponent's would then have to lose a player so its equal numbers.

Is this correct?
It's incorrect. This is specifically mentioned in lotg. They can take part in KFTM.

Is this correct?
A temporarily dismissed player may take part in KFTPM.

Cheers guys its not happened to me & hopefully never will, but i generally didn't know the answer so thanks for clearing that one up

Without wanting to sound critical, this is why it is absolutely vital that as referees we know the laws back to front. If you denied that player the option to take a penalty you'd be looking at a replayed game, damaged reputation, and a 21 day suspension to boot.

Worth a listen.

Back