A&H

Silly Question

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
I will be at my BRC this sunday for the second part and the LOTG exam. I am particular bad with exams... although i read and re read the laws and watched a lot of videos of games etc etc.

The silly question: should i fail the exam, then what happens?

The Referee Store
You won't fail the exam. No one can possibly fail it. I was on my course and there was a guy who was terrible, he was the worst ref I've ever seen and he didn't know any of the laws and he still passed.

The tutors read out the questions in such a way that u will just know what the answer is ;)

Just remember the trigger words, careless, reckless, using exercise force. And you'll be fine :)

When I did my exam back in 1995 - one of our group failed the exam.

The instructors took the individual back in - and ran through the wrong answers with him to answer again - coaching him as they went along. He came out with a pass mark.

When I did my exam back in 1995 - one of our group failed the exam.
'During the war ... ' haha, sorry!

they will try their hardest not to let you fail, remember referee numbers are falling each year! so the FA need as many as they can get

I have to assume that we all sat the exam at different times and places yet the consensus is that the examiners will do all the can to get you to pass short of giving the actual answers.

Pretty much the case @OiRef infact yesterday 3 of us didn't quite made the marks and they were taken aside, in order to ask more question and try to improve their marks.... end of session all of us that started passed the exam.

UPDATE:
Well yesterday I took my exam and passed "comfortably" with a 55/65 score.
So now I am a level 7 referee....
You're actually a Level 9 referee and won't be a level 7 until you complete your first 6 games (submitting your form to the County FA who will send it to The FA) and attend Module 5 (callback evening). Congratulations on joining the dark side.

You're actually a Level 9 referee and won't be a level 7 until you complete your first 6 games (submitting your form to the County FA who will send it to The FA) and attend Module 5 (callback evening). Congratulations on joining the dark side.
Should that be the Black and White side? :)

I will be at my BRC this sunday for the second part and the LOTG exam. I am particular bad with exams... although i read and re read the laws and watched a lot of videos of games etc etc.

The silly question: should i fail the exam, then what happens?
If you fail the exam and prove that you do not know the laws of the game the options are simple, you become either a player or a manager ! :) Or an assessor !

Well i have passed the exam... and i am already U11 manager... so perhaps the assessor next?
At my young age becaming a player is not an option.... lol

I took the exam in may at the kent FA. There was a class full of students. The question sheet and booklet was given out for us all we where given just 30 mins to do our best. When we had done the test the teacher went to another room to mark our test sheets. When he came back we all where sitting there all nervously and he shouted out two names and they where told to go to the other room with the teacher. They was gone for at least ten minutes. The ones left in the room where all successful and happy as you can imagine. The two that went to the other room apparently did pass the paper but I can imagine by a lot of help. So in a nut shell it's impossible to fail

Back