A&H

Shortage of Select Group Referees?

Matthew

RefChat Addict
There appears to be a real lack of SG refs at the moment.

With Webb retired and Marriner and Probert injured (only a shorter term issue I assume) there appears to be a lack of experienced refs at the moment. Added to that, Phil Dowd has apparently failed his fitness test again (according to Mark Halsey).

Are there any promising refs that are likely to fill the void left by Webb in particular? I can think of a few; Bobby Madley and Craig Pawson amongst others. Anyone else?

The Referee Store
Bobby & Craig are both on the full SG list already.

In terms of NG referees who are likely to be given an opportunity, the names that come to the front of my mind are;
Andy Madley (Bobby's brother), David Coote, Paul Tierney, Simon Hooper, Dean Whitestone and, quite possibly, Stuart Attwell again.

Andy did the first televised game of the season while David, Paul & Simon all received top appointments at the end of last season rewarding great season's. Dean's a top official, regarded by FL as a very safe pair of hands (much like older referees such as Keith Stroud, Mick Russell & Keith Hill etc)

No need to worry - there's never a shortage of SG referees! They're all on the sidelines during my matches! :D

Back