A&H

second yellow or straight red?

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
A referee told me about an incident in is game last week.

He cautioned a youth player for grabbing an opponent by the shirt in an aggressive manner - AAA.

After the card was shown the player called him "a f*****g joker"!

The ref then showed a second yellow and the red.

Would the second yellow go on WGS as AAA or USB? He went USB other i believe.

The referee is very OLD school and to a degree does what he wants (doesn't do sin bins etc).

The Referee Store
For me, the second offence is a sin bin YC.

The only way I get to a red is if in your opinion it's offinabus.

So for the purposes of the thread title, the option is choose is missing. Sin bins aren't optional based on how old school you are, or for any other reason.

A referee told me about an incident in is game last week.

He cautioned a youth player for grabbing an opponent by the shirt in an aggressive manner - AAA.

After the card was shown the player called him "a f*****g joker"!

The ref then showed a second yellow and the red.

Would the second yellow go on WGS as AAA or USB? He went USB other i believe.

The referee is very OLD school and to a degree does what he wants (doesn't do sin bins etc).
Sin Bin YC, if it's aimed at an opponent then AAA but sounds like dissent.

Should've just done the Sin Bin, surprised the team didn't kick off about it being a red over a sin bin

This is why I’m constantly advocating for a SinBin to act as a normal yellow card, in terms of accumulation.

This player shouldn’t be returning after 10m, they should be gone for the rest of the game if they’re stupid enough to carry out those two events together.

It actually creates leeway for punishment to be too soft.

However, until someone actually wakes up and realises this is a fundamental flaw to SinBins, this player should’ve been cautioned then binned.

For me, the second offence is a sin bin YC.

The only way I get to a red is if in your opinion it's offinabus.

So for the purposes of the thread title, the option is choose is missing. Sin bins aren't optional based on how old school you are, or for any other reason.
Agree but some wont be told.

He told me he found it offesnsive but took the "quck and easy option".

For me, just me, this is close to a straight red, but i don't like loud swearing AT me.

For me, just me, this is close to a straight red, but i don't like loud swearing AT me.
That's fair enough, it's fairly individual, unfortunately! And by that I mean it would be great if it were more black and white, and offence taken, or otherwise, is anything but.

I come from the north and I'd call my mate an F'ing joker if he P'd me off so I'm much less offended, or fail to make to distinction, when its in my own everyday vocabulary.

That's fair enough, it's fairly individual, unfortunately! And by that I mean it would be great if it were more black and white, and offence taken, or otherwise, is anything but.

I come from the north and I'd call my mate an F'ing joker if he P'd me off so I'm much less offended, or fail to make to distinction, when its in my own everyday vocabulary.
This is why offinabus will ALWAYS be a minefield!

I know F bombs have a different resonance on your side of the pond, but for me in a youth game, this is an easy and straightforward straight red that I wouldn’t think twice about.

I know F bombs have a different resonance on your side of the pond, but for me in a youth game, this is an easy and straightforward straight red that I wouldn’t think twice about.

I think the whole F bombs having different resonance is key. I'm not saying Kent Ref is wrong, he isn't, but I think there are very few referees in the UK that would deem that to be OFFINABUS.

Back