A&H

Junior/Youth Reporting Discriminatory Language

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Had a pretty horrible match this morning that included 3 OFFINABUS dismissals and ended with an abandonment after a player (who had been sin binned and subsequently dismissed) came running towards me screaming that he was going to knock me out. He was pulled away by teammates, but given the context below I felt I had no choice but to abandon.

To briefly summarise, I dismissed a coach after he became involved in a verbal altercation with a spectator telling her he’d see her in the car park and calling her a ”fu*king r*tard”. He then aimed the same insult at me after being dismissed. Two players from the same team were also dismissed, one for calling me a “fu*king r*tard” (a common theme) and another for calling me a “fu*king fa**ot”.

I’m 100% comfortable with all 3 decisions and have informed the manager of the offending team that extraordinary reports will be submitted due to the discriminatory nature of the language, but I’m not sure how to actually submit the incidents.

I think the coach incident can be dealt with as 1 report, but how do I report the two players? Is it a case of reporting each dismissal in the normal way and then adding an extraordinary report for each player? Does the abandonment also have to go into a separate extraordinary report?

The Referee Store
Pretty much yes to all.

Report the three reds as normal ticking/checking the box at the bottom of the online form that says to do so if the match was abandoned.

The report the sin binned player who came on and threatened you as Misconduct, making clear that this was the cause of the abandonment.

The FA can handle all the discriminatory language points (or not) as they see fit.

Hope you’re ok. Make sure you report the threatening behaviour too in as much detail as possible.

Happy to discuss and help if you want to pm me. If not - do reach out to your Referee Development Officer in your county.

Sorry to hear that you had a horrid experience mate.

I was called a f*cking r*tard by a player last month. Red obviously...

As the comments wouldn't save under the red card I added a separate misconduct report to ensure the language was properly reported (and explained that it wasn't an extra report, just adding commentary from the red...) hope that makes sense?

Thanks very much for the advice, all - reports are submitted, so it’s in the hands of the FA now.

As a general rule I’m not bothered about sanctions and what players are given, but will I be entitled to know what ban the player who threatened me receives?

Thanks very much for the advice, all - reports are submitted, so it’s in the hands of the FA now.

As a general rule I’m not bothered about sanctions and what players are given, but will I be entitled to know what ban the player who threatened me receives?
Not usually. You've done your bit - very well by tbe sound of it. Leave it to the FA now.

Commiserations on the woeful morning. Put it behind ya, they sound like animals. Just make sure however you report them you put at much detail in as possible. And if you felt threatened by their behaviour then write this in because you should not have to deal with that.

Back