A&H

Referee Inactive - Sub ref please?

The blog took a few weeks off after a busy few weekends saw some games which came under the scrutiny of the County FA.

I was back in action with a Sunday League game after the original plan of assessing a promotion candidate fell by the wayside when he was rostered to work this weekend. The original referee for the game I did, had closed the weekend and the appointments secretary asked me to look after it. The only problem was that he had already made arrangements for another referee to cover it. I offered to go home but the other referee insisted I stay and within 15 minutes I needed a substitute as my calf gave way after yet another trudge through a muddy patch (the 14, 472nd this season).

I managed to keep going until the end of the game but not before having to deal with a few incidents, which again will be looked after by the County FA. As for me, my calf is sore and I'll be out until at least Christmas but I have two Sundays booked out for a new referee course in Leeds over December 2 and 9.

Hope everyone's season is shaping up nicely, challenging games are being received and effectively managed.

1430959096615306100-3047456365999244657

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back