A&H

Referee Inactive - My name is Jonah

I'm a reasonably happy chappy bumbling through my late 40s rapidly advancing on becoming a grandad for the first time but occasionally I get knocked off my path and I find myself falling into a slight dip in my positive outlook.

Over the last few weeks I have attended two games to assess the referee for promotion and both have been abandoned. Last week I picked up a District Cup backword, turned up at the ground only for the away team not to show. On Sunday I picked up another backword, this time for a Sunday League Trophy game with a place in the Quarter Final at stake, but the home team haven't paid some fines and have been suspended for a minimum of 7 days meaning the game has been postponed.

So is it me or do I just have a convergence of unusual situations occurring?

The upside is that I was able to help out the local Junior Football League and they have offered me two games, 2 hours apart within 5 miles of each other, so at least I'm going to get some game time in ... well at least until tomorrow when the weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse and snow showers sweep in from the Arctic ...
1430959096615306100-7701635838981124250

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back