A&H

'Reckless' = Red Card

The Referee Store
Mark Halsey and Keith Hackett love to say 'reckless with excessive force'; doesn't help.

Reactions: JH
We all know that the laws of the game use certain words in a highly idiosyncratic manner. Using layman's terms it's quite reasonable to describe such a tackle as reckless.

The public don't want to hear about excessive force, and endangering safety etc.....
1> they are not interested
2> its too much to digest

as we as officials know, reckless does not equate to a red card but the media have to pander to the lowest common denominators

There was one the other day... ball accidentally hits a players hand and the commentator said something like.... yes in the new hand ball rules for this season he has to of gained an advantage...... WHAT TAF 😢😢😢

One of our local rags has a sports reporter who regurgitates rubbish, he posted a piece last year in which he’d made a grammar typo, I had great fun in winding him up about it and he didn’t take it too kindly, even his degree in English and some other crap didn’t stop him arguing the toss, I got one hell of a serious professional nibble, it was very funny as he was adamant he was right... he thought I was serious that it mattered!

Back