A&H

QPR V Reading

A&H International
The VC behind the referee's back was forgivable. Yes, he followed the ball and didn't have a wide view, but unfortunate neither AR witnessed it or had the bottle to make the call
The HB is up for debate, but the really amateurish bit, was the ref clearly putting the whistle in his mouth whilst looking at the AR to give the decision. It is my pet hate when I do this, but I'd expect this to never happen at that level. I bored my 12 year old daughter by rewinding the incident to show how the ghost whistle led to a loss of control :rage:
You cannot imagine how enthralled young Beth was with the discussion

The VC behind the referee's back was forgivable. Yes, he followed the ball and didn't have a wide view, but unfortunate neither AR witnessed it or had the bottle to make the call
I feel like he should have had a trailing eye on it as there is quite clear shirt pulling (penalty?) between both players. He's turning as the first push off is made which unless it's just unlucky timing, he should have spotted starting.

That HB whistle to mouth moment was poor and you don't expect from such a high level official.

I would love to know his thought process. Looked like a really easy HB to give. He's seen it, he's decided, or started to decide, why hedge, why change... HB, pen, YC, easy. And would have been a standout moment of officiating!

That HB whistle to mouth moment was poor and you don't expect from such a high level official.

I would love to know his thought process. Looked like a really easy HB to give. He's seen it, he's decided, or started to decide, why hedge, why change... HB, pen, YC, easy. And would have been a standout moment of officiating!

I was there, a fair way away so didn't scream for the pen live, but did for the whistle to the mouth. Possible AR shouted 'No pen' in his ear?

The pointing to chest area afterwards wasn't great either!

Didn't have a great game - stats show several Reading players committed 5/6 fouls and one in particular 4 in 23 mins. Obviously the idea is to keep cards in pocket at this level, but felt he was one or two light last night.

However we certainly weren't 'robbed' and Reading deserved the point, if not all 3.

Nightmare?
Well I've only seen these two incidents.
One I 've watched twice and am still not sure enough to go VC and the other is 100% NOT handball (unless ALL contact with the arm is handball!) so I'm really struggling to go with "nightmare" (based entirely on these two incidents)

Nightmare?
Well I've only seen these two incidents.
One I 've watched twice and am still not sure enough to go VC and the other is 100% NOT handball (unless ALL contact with the arm is handball!) so I'm really struggling to go with "nightmare" (based entirely on these two incidents)

Certainly not '100%' either way. The 'nightmare' for me was putting whistle to his lips, starting to signal for the penalty before frantically signalling no pen and pointing to his chest!

Back