A&H

Published Match Reports

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Do you ever read them for matches you are involved in?

Won't identify the match for obvious reasons, but one I was involved in recently said this "xxxxxx threatened to lose their discipline after their manager was given a final warning by the referee"

I wasn't said referee but was AR who missed "obvious foul", hence manager launching a very loud rant at me from 50 yards away. Well played the referee Mr X, for backing me up on that one.

Report also said that "controversially" xxx (the opposite side) had a strong penalty appeal turned down. It WAS in my area of credibility but referee made the decision - again well done Mr Ref.

Anyone else read anything amusing or just downright wrong concerning a match they were involved in?

The Referee Store
I remember one reading "the No.5 receives a Red card which I have to say looked a bit unfair".
I'd say telling me to "f*** off" as I'm cautioning you is a pretty fair RC but don't let facts get in the way of your uninformed horse**** speculation

Yes, I do generally read reports and they can make interesting reading. Most reporters double up as touchline referees so I do expect some difference of opinion as to my decisions but never read anything I've taken serious exception to.

Yes, I too read reports if they're available. One last season was particularly scathing and I was tempted to contact the club's county FA. I had penalised their goalkeeper for holding on to the ball for more than 6 seconds which is unusual for any of us I think. He had held on for 10-15 seconds and when I shouted for him to get on with it he began walking to the opposite side of the penalty area still holding the ball! Anyway, the report said something along the lines of "the referee said our keeper held onto the ball for about 15 seconds but it was nearer 10"!!
One a few weeks ago said I had awarded a penalty against them when the initial foul was outside the area. This was true but he didn't let go of the attacker until the penalty spot! The report went on to say "the referee compounded his error by awarding a goal when the ball hit the crossbar and bounced back out". This was true apart from the fact I was stood on the goal line and the ball 100% crossed the line and the reporter to the best of my knowledge was at least on the halfway line.

Oh hell yes, I always read them if they were available. Sometimes they are downright funny, sometimes completely inaccurate, sometimes totally fair, and sometimes, just sometimes, offer praise for the referee. Just don't read them if you can't stand being criticised.

I will. Love reading them. I had one which stated I played 6 minutes added time at the end of a cup match!!

It was 4. I was amused and asked them about it when I went back. The chap I question laughed and said it made a more interesting report. :)

Back