A&H

Pre season friendlies

The Referee Store
Thursday 21st July @ Folly lane 7pm kick off

Coventry Copeswood Ladies v Liecester Woman
Mid Comb team v Northern Premier

Got a line at Lichfield City tomorrow, then I'm doing a line in a Memorial Cup game at Coleshill Town on Sunday ahead of the Keele Cup next week.

Just had my Saturday league fixtures through too - just the one game in August, so I'm kinda glad I picked up the friendlies when they were offered (well, my wife's savings pot is anyway!!).

Was on the line to a Football League referee today - learned a heck of a lot on the handling of players and general officiating. A very valuable experience.

Both being played at Raunds Town. Probably Raunds v A.N. Other, but the new "phoenix" side AFC Rushden & Diamonds are to be based there for next season, so it could be a trials game.

I only had two weeks break since the end of the season on June 2. I havent stopped since . I had 3 men's games yesterday, 1 for tomorrow night (tues) and 1 for thursday and then into a 3 day competition at the weekend.
It's great to be busy though, dont get much time for gardening :rolleyes:

And another! Libero Academy v someone else in August. Slowly but surely they're coming in.

Got a phonecall yesterday.. They're hosting a big tournament for the local teams..

Apparently, they are doing this instead of loads of friendlies, but they'll pop up.

So, yeah, 5/6 aside.. Im not too sure, I will find out when I get there, will be a fun day :)

All being well. Picked up a niggle or two because of the hard pitches, but as long as I get through my lines on Tuesday and Thursday I'll be there again. You going?

I am going indeed, you will have to make yourself known. Look at the pictures i've put up on here and you'll see what I look like so you'll have to find me on the day!

I'll probably be visible as my sunburn is unlikely to have calmed down even by next weekend. Those pitches could really do with some rain between now and next Saturday!

Ahhh, not looking forward to wearing my Copas on that then, and i'm not buying some trainers especially for it seen as I need a new pair of Copas anyway!

I wore blades which have been good on hard ground, but the pitches baked last week and my knees and ankles are still killing now.

Hmmm, sounds like mouldies are the order of the day then! I stopped wearing blades as soon as I started reffing, too little support on them for my knees!

Back