A&H

Powers of recovery...

Game 1 done, feel like it went well! Red and a few yellows and 22 fist bumps/handshakes, let's see what Mr observer made of it...9am debrief! Anyone ever had one any earlier!?!
Wish I could comment but I’ve never been observed. (Only been doing it fully qualified for a little while). Any ideas when I could get the chance? But well done and good luck later today!

The Referee Store
Wish I could comment but I’ve never been observed. (Only been doing it fully qualified for a little while). Any ideas when I could get the chance? But well done and good luck later today!
You can ask you refereeing department for some mentoring or the most certain way is to apply for promotion. It's usually around now the application processes start so an email to RDO and / or a keen eye on your county's socials

Cheers! You'll get observed once you get on the promotion scheme. I did get one at L7 mainly as a check on a new ref (I think) but doubt they'll happen much these days

Game 1 done, feel like it went well! Red and a few yellows and 22 fist bumps/handshakes, let's see what Mr observer made of it...9am debrief! Anyone ever had one any earlier!?!
More importantly as per your OP.. How are you feeling? 😁

More importantly as per your OP.. How are you feeling? 😁
Knees are sore but otherwise feeling fine, aside from being awake from 5 thanks to my daughter 🤦

Happily debrief has gone well, few minor comments but backed all the cards. 2 hours till I'm off to Manchester now!

You can ask you refereeing department for some mentoring or the most certain way is to apply for promotion. It's usually around now the application processes start so an email to RDO and / or a keen eye on your county's socials
I sent a email to the RDO, but not heard back from him. Think I sent it on Wednesday/Thursday. It’s something I really want to get on.

Knees are sore but otherwise feeling fine, aside from being awake from 5 thanks to my daughter 🤦

Happily debrief has gone well, few minor comments but backed all the cards. 2 hours till I'm off to Manchester now!
1230 and 4am wakes for me. 😴 Not feeling very well bless him

Good to hear it went well. Only a 25 mile round trip for me today which is nice 😊

Reactions: es1

Glad it went well.

Hope you survive the next one.

Reactions: es1
I sent a email to the RDO, but not heard back from him. Think I sent it on Wednesday/Thursday. It’s something I really want to get on.
The promotion season now matches the playing season and runs August to May, so you'll need to apply when that opens.

The promotion season now matches the playing season and runs August to May, so you'll need to apply when that opens.
That's when the marking season runs but surely activity to get people started begins before then?

You will be observed once you join the County FA promotion scheme, with the next promotion year starting in August.
At level 7 in England, no observations but sometimes a mentor visit will be arranged.
The difference is that a mentor does not usually complete a fully detailed report (with or without a mark) whereas an observation counts towards promotion.
Mentors are allocated for newly qualified referees and also when the CFA think a mentor visit would be beneficial.

So, second match done. Are you still able to walk?
🚑 needed?
🛌 ?

That's when the marking season runs but surely activity to get people started begins before then?

During pre-season I thought?

Unusual to get people in for promotion during the season, outside of special circumstances?

Some (most? all?) CFA's now want you to have done around 20 matches before they'll even put you on promotion - so there's some promotion benefit to just getting some games under your belt even if you qualify mid-season, just to make sure you'll definitely be accepted on next season's scheme.

Back