A&H

Post match incident

Isaac

Isaac
Level 7 Referee
So I reffed my first open age game on Sunday (I'm onlu 17 so was fairly nervous). The game went okay but had 1 red card and 3 yellows. But no more grief than you'd expect considering the number of cautions I handed out.

However after the game a player comes to my changing room. He says I called him a c**t and if I send in the yellows and red cards he will report me. I just said okay and tried to diffuse the situation seeing as he was about 6 foot 4 and I didn't want it to go any further seeing as I didn't want to get battered.

I have since sent in the match report mentioning him plus including all the bookings.

What should I do in future if this happens?

The Referee Store
What you did. A report featuring what this idiot has tried on with you plus all the usual card report.

Well done mate.

Ironically, although you didn't call him a c**t, no doubt you wanted to or did in the car on the way home!

Keep your chin up pal, thankfully c**ts (there you go - he got his wish) like him are few and far between, and you have been incredibly unlucky in your first OA game.

Intimidation like that has no place in our game.

Don't let it put you off mate. Idiots crawl out of the woodwork now and again, gives the forum something to talk about if nothing else!

Thankfully they are in the minority.

I once had a manager send in a written complaint accusing me of swearing at one of his U/16 players. I'm choosing to believe that it was a comment incorrectly attributed to myself or somebody misheard something I said rather than a maliciously false accusation.

Don't stress over it - you did the right thing.

I once had a manager send in a written complaint accusing me of swearing at one of his U/16 players. I'm choosing to believe that it was a comment incorrectly attributed to myself or somebody misheard something I said rather than a maliciously false accusation.

Don't stress over it - you did the right thing.
Cheers mate

So I reffed my first open age game on Sunday (I'm onlu 17 so was fairly nervous). The game went okay but had 1 red card and 3 yellows. But no more grief than you'd expect considering the number of cautions I handed out.

However after the game a player comes to my changing room. He says I called him a c**t and if I send in the yellows and red cards he will report me. I just said okay and tried to diffuse the situation seeing as he was about 6 foot 4 and I didn't want it to go any further seeing as I didn't want to get battered.

I have since sent in the match report mentioning him plus including all the bookings.

What should I do in future if this happens?
Well handled.

Well done mate.

Ironically, although you didn't call him a c**t, no doubt you wanted to or did in the car on the way home!

Keep your chin up pal, thankfully c**ts (there you go - he got his wish) like him are few and far between, and you have been incredibly unlucky in your first OA game.

Intimidation like that has no place in our game.
hah cheers

Brilliant well done, went to watch a mate on Sunday as I had no game as I am talking to the ref on the way off the pitch this one particular player start's trying to square up to me as I had told the ref that he should be reporting the team as they were a disgrace. Both myself and the ref are looking at each and saying where the hell has he got that from as I said nothing even remotely like it. Players will hear what they want to hear sometimes.

Sounds like you handled it well, just a shame it happened in your first OA game, will probably never happen again though.

Last edited:
Back