A&H

Player stupidity.....

Padfoot

The Persecuted One
Doing a Veterans game tonight......all going peacefully, well reasonably, until the 2nd half.....2 players jump for a header whilst on the move, resulting in the blue player winning the header, but being jumped onto by the red player....blue player goes down, red players momentum carries him over the top of the blue in almost a forward roll type motion.......blew for the foul on blue.....

Blue is immediately waggling his legs about in the air, a more cynical referee might have viewed as an attempt to kick out at his opponent, but i just enjoyed the upturned turtle imitation!
Blue gets up and aggressively gets in the face of the red player, for a nailed on AA caution.

As i am isolating the blue player ready to caution, he is giving out heaps of abuse to red players, plenty of "f*ck" and other choice phrases.....so i warn him to calm down before he talks the card into changing colour, to which his witty rejoinder is "like i give a ****".......taking a deep breath and finding hitherto unknown reserves of paitence I warn him again not to carry on talking......
I manage to get his name, and am about to explain the caution for AA, when he comes out with "right, i;m getting a booking so I;m going to punch him in the f*cking mouth...".

Needless to say he didn't get his caution......he got a straight red instead. Along with a bit of abusive language towards me on the way off, and kicking the ball down the pitch from where it was innocently waiting for the blue FK.

But...what does it go through as.....s2 or s6? I'm leaning heavily towards s2.........

The Referee Store
ahh Vets games :rolleyes:

Personally would go S6 but can see justification for the alternative

It just goes to show the impact of 'last weeks ref' that he seriously thought he'd get away with that :rolleyes:

How can it be anything other than OFFINABUS? What has he done to justify a sending off for violent conduct?

How can it be anything other than OFFINABUS? What has he done to justify a sending off for violent conduct?

Threatening violence towards an opponent.....

My initial thought was s6, but for some reason something in the back of my mind keeps nagging at me that there was once some guidance that suggested threats of violence were sanctioned as s2.....

Haven't submitted it yet, so will do some digging to see if there was/is anything. If not, will probably put it through as s6.

I might let people talk a bit too much... I would have just given the caution without much of a talking to!

Threatening violence towards an opponent.....

My initial thought was s6, but for some reason something in the back of my mind keeps nagging at me that there was once some guidance that suggested threats of violence were sanctioned as s2.....

Haven't submitted it yet, so will do some digging to see if there was/is anything. If not, will probably put it through as s6.
Definitely S6 Padders :) I'd put the caution in too if I were you!

Has he said enough after the red to warrant a misconduct report?

Sounds very much like S6 to me. The extraordinary capacity of players to make things worse never fails to amaze me.

I'd also be adding a further misconduct report for his conduct after being dismissed.

Back