A&H

play acting gets a player sent off

The Referee Store
I agree he has milked it, but you do have to ask why the defender has done that, what possible reason did he have to put his hands on the opponent? It shouldn't be a red card, and no doubt will be overturned, but it was entirely avoidable.

FA have reviewed and rejected Northampton’s appeal. I can understand the match officials being deceived on the day, but surely, surely, on review a red card for VC cannot be upheld?

Trying to think why this has been upheld and the only feasible reason I can think of is that it’s for inappropriate physical contact.

Otherwise I’m as stumped and confused as everyone else.

Doesn't quite know where the injury is. He goes for his stomach, then his face and then his back and face.

If you look there does appear to be a little dig with the the defender left foot into his back. Could this be it?

A better view here...

Reactions: one
Is it only me (and @Viridis1886 ) seeing a hard knee into the back in OP? Easy red. The angle of the camera doesn't help but if you zoom in you can see it. The AR would have had a good angle. Note where the dark blue player holds his back.

if that's what happened though then why would they appeal? doesn't quite add up!
Prob because there is no other obvious camera angle to show exactly what happened.

This freeze frame show is a bit better

Screenshot_20230309-225251.jpg

And if you look closely his left foot was stepped on immidiately before so the retaliation act is obvious. He points to his foot straight after to justify his action.

Screenshot_20230309-225712.jpg

Back