A&H

Plantar fasciitis (foot pain)

howard_webb

Ok I've been struggling with foot pain the last few games when I run, I'm thinks it's plantar fasciitis cause the pain is just below my heel to arch,

Has anyone on here ever had it or know someone that has and any tips on getting rid of it ?

The Referee Store
Physio I'm afraid. Used to have a short video on my iPad of Plantar Fasciitis, I'll see if I can post it on here or at least a couple of screenshots if not.

It's usually micro-tears of the ligament (individual strands) rather than a full tear, which weakens the tissue and makes it more likely to re-occur.

Treatment is rest and strengthening exercises I'm afraid.

Ok just an update, went to the physio this morning, I do have plantar fasciitis in one foot and I'm lucky not to have it in the other due to imbalance feet and weak ankles and calfs,

We did some Exercises and stretches, and he rubbed my calfs and Achilles/plantar which were tight,

Also got insoles to correct my feet position hopefully in a few days I'll notice a big differences :)

Out of interest how long did this diagnosis take to come to by the physiotherapist and how much did it cost?

Ok just an update, went to the physio this morning, I do have plantar fasciitis in one foot and I'm lucky not to have it in the other due to imbalance feet and weak ankles and calfs,

We did some Exercises and stretches, and he rubbed my calfs and Achilles/plantar which were tight,

Also got insoles to correct my feet position hopefully in a few days I'll notice a big differences :)

are you able to tell me which insoles you got? I think I have this too but my dr thinks it could also be heel Spurs. Thanks

are you able to tell me which insoles you got? I think I have this too but my dr thinks it could also be heel Spurs. Thanks

M8 get to a physio and he will tell u if u need them and what ones u need by looking at ur calfs and ankles,

My plantar fasciitis has cleared up after a 10 days :)

The insole I needed are called vasyli-pro (3/4 insoles) for re-lining my ankles and straighting up my calfs,

But there is a very good chance you could need different ones

I had that 6 months ago, caused by running on the road in a pair of crap trainers.
Bizarrely, I found a video on You Tube that cleared it up within a couple of days, but it was horrible while it lasted.
Good luck.

Back