A&H

Peterhead v Dundee

The Referee Store
Awful hatrick, wrong player cautioned at Parkhead, this clip, then an unconvincing pen awared at Aberdeen the next night.

'Hatrick' implies the same individual involved - we are talking about 3 different referees here.

Hat trick, is three in succession. Much gratitude though for pointing out its three different referees, rather than anybody thinking the same referee did three games in three days.

" an achievement based on the number three"
" a series of three victories, successes or related accomplishments"

Anything to say on the post in question or you going to turn the thread into an english lecture?

Hat trick, is three in succession. Much gratitude though for pointing out its three different referees, rather than anybody thinking the same referee did three games in three days.

" an achievement based on the number three"
" a series of three victories, successes or related accomplishments"

Anything to say on the post in question or you going to turn the thread into an english lecture?
No need for the hostility. Oi is simply posting for anyone who may assume it is the same ref which isn’t unreasonable based on your initial post.

if you did want to turn it into an English lecture then
“three successes of the same kind within a limited period, in particular (in soccer) the scoring of three goals in a game by one player or (in cricket) the taking of three wickets by the same bowler with successive balls”

which would not be your use of hat-trick.

bringing the thread back on point.
For me David Munro, the referee in question, should be on the move sooner when the keeper takes a heavy touch. Very possible that his AR can say, the keeper makes a move toward the attacker even though he is other side of the pitch.

uefa badged referee, so shows we all make mistakes regardless of level

No need for the hostility. Oi is simply posting for anyone who may assume it is the same ref which isn’t unreasonable based on your initial post.

if you did want to turn it into an English lecture then
“three successes of the same kind within a limited period, in particular (in soccer) the scoring of three goals in a game by one player or (in cricket) the taking of three wickets by the same bowler with successive balls”

which would not be your use of hat-trick.

bringing the thread back on point.
For me David Munro, the referee in question, should be on the move sooner when the keeper takes a heavy touch. Very possible that his AR can say, the keeper makes a move toward the attacker even though he is other side of the pitch.

uefa badged referee, so shows we all make mistakes regardless of level

No need for your input on the words I chose to use

cheers now

Back on topic, if the referee somehow becomes unsighted here or somehow does not feel this is a foul, his main help should come from AR1 and even the 4th, not AR2
At this point, AR1 has no offside line to worry about and should be watching the play, of course he be further away, and we would need the comms rather than the flag
Ar2 is not expected to get involved, at least with flag, here. AR2 cannot credibly flag for a foul 55 yards away, on the referees old skool diagonal

bottom line, referee is expected to call this correctly.

BBC "Please sign in to view this" -urgh.

Twitter: "Watch this without signing in" ???

Anyway, yeah, bit of a miss that. Wonder if he's thought the striker has made a meal of it? Even so.

How many times do I have to say that you post on the topic that is in the title. I am getting so fed up now that my finger has gone beyond hovering the on the ban button.

And while I am at it you can stop goading other posters, play nicely or face the consequences.

My post absolutely involved the topic in question, a mistake in the Peterhead game, making it three high profile errors in three games in a row Sun, Mon, Tues in the same country.

my goading, was in response to, being goaded. No smoke without fire.

I'm not sure how he hasn't seen this as a penalty in their cup match last weekend. Looks clear to me, and even deliberate.
!00% penalty for me. Poor first touch and then he goes for the ball head first so he could only use his hands in that position which would have been an IDFK assuming he did play the ball. Perhaps he thought the attacker looked for it yet to me there was contact and enough for a penalty. Had he given it there would have been no debate about it.

Back