A&H

Permission to record

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Early this season I did Maidstone utd v VCD. Feisty game with about 6 YC and could if had one RC.

Just the other day they met each other in cup final with 13 YC and 3RC.

This weekend sees both teams face each other again on a title decider.

I asked MUFC if I could record the game as the ref is a L3 and I want to learn from him on how to manage situations and players. I've been given the thumbs up.

I'm looking forward to the match and can see it being an interesting game!!!

The Referee Store
Sounds great!
Any learning is a great experience, especially as you try to get promotion!

It would be brilliant if you could post the video or send it. Would love to take a look.

sorry guys tonight I've been made aware of an incident which took place in the game which may have been caught on camera.
This may lead to a police investigation.
Sorry to be a spoil sport but can't go into detail right now

Well, you were in the right place with the camera! I hope it's not a racism incident

kinda - just reviewed the tape.

The ref was assaulted when he sent a player off. Thankfully not serious. A push in the chest.
Thankfully I have caught that on tape. I was unaware of the assault until last night.

I have just reviewed it and it on there - thank god!!

now for the discipline hearing and if the ref wishes to report it to the police. Unsure if he will do that or not. I said I will support him fully if he does.

Well I kinda have to really as
A) I have key evidence
B) I'm a referee
C) I work for the police myself!!

Out of curiosity, if this was you, would you have abandoned the game?

I was taught that if anything hampers your safety you should immediately abandon the match.

Was the game abandoned or played on?!

If the player who assaulted you has been taken away and all other players on the FoP were either helpful or calm, then your safety is not endangered at all. The only threat to safety has thus far been neturalized.

The game continued and I agree with what Ryan said really.

The player has now been banned sine die!! Excellent

If the player who assaulted you has been taken away and all other players on the FoP were either helpful or calm, then your safety is not endangered at all. The only threat to safety has thus far been neturalized.

Ahh okay then, that seems fair enough! Thanks for the advice!

Guessing you cant upload it for us to see? I think it would be helpful to see how the ref dealt with the game especially how hes a level 3

If this happens on a public park, then you do abandon otherwise the County FA may decide that it was not so serious and not apply the most appropriate sanction.

I can't imagine that they would do that if you include in your report that "I did not abandon the match because the threat to my safety had been eliminated by this player being removed from the field of play and its immediate surrounds." Surely they would realize that this was the right decision and move on with the sanctioning process as is required?

Back