A&H

Junior/Youth penaulty or free kick

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Well yesterday I had very hard decision to make away player by accident elbows player in face so I'm having to then decide weather or not it's in box in end as I'm not sure I give free kick but home team are protesting at me to give penaulty and as I had only cars I could not give it what does everyone think pen freekick

The Referee Store
Sounds like you were correct to award the free kick, you need to be absolutely certain that it was inside the box to give the penalty.

If it was an accident say so.
Look at the Newcastle player who ended up snaking the ref on Saturday in the face.
That was CLEARLY an accident and nothing happened.

It was one them thou you know when poll was doing his final season as a ref and his assistant flagged and thiery Henry was still playing and he got sent off for it it was that incident

Decide what you saw and where you saw it happen and go with that. Whether it results in a penalty or free kick is incidental and should not be part of your considerations.

If you decide it was outside the area, then good call, free kick.

That said, if it was accidental is it deserving of a Fredrick? Edit: That of course should say free kick! But autocorrect made me laugh, so it can stay!

I guess, the player could accidentally connect with an opponent with the elbow being held high (jumping for header, or arm swinging as he turns) and could be deemed dangerous.

??????

Accidental doesn't mean it's not a free kick.

I guess, the player could accidentally connect with an opponent with the elbow being held high (jumping for header, or arm swinging as he turns) and could be deemed dangerous.

??????

Accidental doesn't mean it's not a free kick.
Agreed - the only part of the law which requires intent is handball

Back