A&H

Junior/Youth Oops!

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Had an embarrassing incident in my U14 match yesterday.

I walked out to start the second half and did my usual routine before blowing the whistle to re-start. About a minute into the half I heard shouts from the away coaches, who had realised that they'd sent 12 players on. What's embarrassing about that you may ask? I'd COUNTED them at the start of the half :confused:

It was a genuine mistake by the away team, the player hadn't realised that he'd been subbed and just wandered on. No harm done and everybody laughed it off.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Then you should have issued a caution there for the sub who came on (C6) in my opinion.

I think a caution would have been way to harsh for an honest mistake, would have caused more problems and wouldn't be necrssary IMO

I wouldn't issue a caution - you've made a mistake by not noticing 12 players, cautioning would put more criticism on you.

To be honest, I think issuing a caution would've been incredibly harsh. The player just didn't realise that he'd been subbed and wandered on without his manager, or myself, noticing. Why create a bigger issue by cautioning?

Aled, we do keep track of subs and the team told me that they'd made one. You can't legislate for a player mistakenly wandering on like that. It was just unfortunate that I mis-counted.

Ah ok, if you knew the sub had been made then fair enough don't caution, I agree now with no caution needed.

Back