A&H

Open Age Ooh looks like I got a final

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Our season here in the frozen North ends in September/October. A lot of regional leagues and promotion places are decided by play offs. The 35+ league has a tournament and I have one line in the final. Not massive but chuffed. Some players will have played in Finland's 2nd tier. Hard to judge the UK equivalent but probably county league maybe a bit higher. The 35+ are typically the hardest to ref as usually no ARs. So it is good all round to have ARs for the cup. Rejoice.

The Referee Store
Well, I ended up doing one of the semi finals as well as the final.
I had really good referees for both games - and buzzer flags ;)
The semi went to a penalty shoot out. I was AR1 so I wason the goal line. Nightmare really because all keepers move for every penalty under the sun! Thankfully the short keeper who wanted 6-7 mini steps every kick conceded all five. We'd agreed before the match that planting feet or small movements off the line would have to be acceptable - luckily we didn't have the guys racing out 3 yards. Made me think there should really be a 2 yard line as a limit for the keepers... really tough scenario though...
And the final went almost without incident. I called a handball and rejected a pen appeal in my zone. Got some gip from the partisan crowd but they knew they were good calls.
Best of all no technical "mistakes" as far as I am aware ;) And I really enjoyed it. And my flagging and dealing with details and unusual situations has improved no end!

Back