A&H

Odd things you find on a football pitch - Part One

Thought so. ;)
Had you said the pitch was slap bang in the middle of an industrial or housing estate, I'd have been tempted to suggest that the round may have been connected with a potential crime and thus should have been handed into the old bill. :)
It's still got to be handed in anyway as it still classed as live ammo

The Referee Store
It's still got to be handed in anyway as it still classed as live ammo

Possibly. Bit of a moot point though since he's already given it to someone else. ;)

Besides, involving yourself with the police these days can bring about a lot of unwarranted hassle and obligation.

If I found a live round in a rural area (and couldn't use it in any of my guns) - I'd probably just bury it.

But that's the thing if live ammo is found in public area it best to hand it in anyway as it safer and with no guns or ammunition aloud out of military bases or in the possession of police and especially a person that a law bidding citizen I would want to know where that ammo came from

But that's the thing if live ammo is found in public area it best to hand it in anyway as it safer and with no guns or ammunition aloud out of military bases or in the possession of police and especially a person that a law bidding citizen I would want to know where that ammo came from

Not true.
There are thousands of private firearms licence owners all over the country. As for the rest of your post - read what's been written mate. ;)

Because Anything to do with weapons is illegal in this country and if a police officer found you with bullets or guns you get arrested it as simple as that

Yes but there like game hunters and slaughter houses that are the only other people that can own firearms

Good Grief Gentlemen, a bit of decorum. Now I haven't seen any big game hunters recently in Snodland on the River Medway in Kent (although there are some dodgy looking geezers hanging around outside Tesco's), so I'm concluding someone had been taking pot shots at the wildlife, using the technical area as a hide. (I'm sure the new version of the LOAF should have something to say about illegal use of the dug outs.

so I'm concluding someone had been taking pot shots at the wildlife, using the technical area as a hide. (I'm sure the new version of the LOAF should have something to say about illegal use of the dug outs.

Unlikely if it was a centre fire cartridge (quite loud - even with an on-barrel moderator). People who own fullbore sporting rifles tend not to sit and take "pot shots" at things on football pitches. Most likely a legitimate licence owner who has permission from the land owner to shoot pests (ie fox/rabbit etc) within that geographical area and who has dropped and lost a round. (See post #2). :)

Snodland must be more dodgy than I thought, I spent 99% of the season at pitches in gillingham, Rainham, hempstead and sittingbourne and I've found nothing remotely interesting

Back