A&H

Now that's what i call football....

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
I was reassured by both manager's that i wouldn't have any problems with their players today(not that i asked) good old end to end football first time these two teams have met this season and the home team new to the league. Both teams accepting my decisions with no dissent, by half time home team winning 3-0, away team getting frustrated with a few rash challenges, as i give the free kick i remind them of the consequences if it continues. Second half the away team come out all guns blazing and within 25 minutes the score is 3-3. At one point the home keeper saves the ball and gets mud in his eyes and cant see,before i can blow the whistle the away forward kicks the ball out so he can get treatment. Both teams pressing for a goal good old end to end football still no silly tackles no silly fouls, home team just having the edge and race into a 5-3 lead and the away teams heads are down.
Full time and the home team wins 7-3.... Best game i have refereed all season, no cards lots of goals and nothing beats a good game of football with two very good teams.

The Referee Store
Similar yet oh so different to my game today. Two good teams. One top of the table by a fair bit and one just on the hinges of the top region of the table with a few games in hand, although realistically isn't going to catch 1st. Home team moaning about absolutely everything, including the captain which was very helpful of him. Away team acting as the good cop whilst having a go telling me not to listen to them moaning until the home team realised what they were doing and tried it themselves, both rather unsuccessfully.

Similar yet oh so different to my game today. Two good teams. One top of the table by a fair bit and one just on the hinges of the top region of the table with a few games in hand, although realistically isn't going to catch 1st. Home team moaning about absolutely everything, including the captain which was very helpful of him. Away team acting as the good cop whilst having a go telling me not to listen to them moaning until the home team realised what they were doing and tried it themselves, both rather unsuccessfully.
I had a match the other week home side whinging,moaning and contesting everything and they were winning 2-0

Back