A&H

Open Age Not about you ref

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
So yesterday league cup game, green v yellow.
3 officials.
Yellow only had 12 players so manager and assistant manager on pitch playing.
It took the whole 3 minutes and 29 seconds for the old nugget " it's not about you ref" shouted by the assistant manager.
I was on line and looked at ref, and we both chuckled!
Not really an incident, just a meh 😑 moment

The Referee Store
I had another rare one.

Offside was given in my game yesterday and the away bench weren't happy with it but excepted my response.

A home sub then gives a 2 handed w⚓️ sign of which was in front of the spectators (There were children present and watching at the time)

I had one this morning where a player kicked the ball directly at me and then shouted "ref! get out of the way!". Literally 2 mins later he blocked his team mates shot when he was stood on the line. Obviously I couldn't resist, I just shouted "great save no. 9, get out of the way next time". He didn't speak to me again. Tbh, he was the only one who didn't laugh. They lost 1-0.

I had another rare one.

Offside was given in my game yesterday and the away bench weren't happy with it but excepted my response.

A home sub then gives a 2 handed w⚓️ sign of which was in front of the spectators (There were children present and watching at the time)
I assume he got sent off...

I had one this morning where a player kicked the ball directly at me and then shouted "ref! get out of the way!". Literally 2 mins later he blocked his team mates shot when he was stood on the line. Obviously I couldn't resist, I just shouted "great save no. 9, get out of the way next time". He didn't speak to me again. Tbh, he was the only one who didn't laugh. They lost 1-0.
Had a player ask me how much time left, "6 mins".

Then a few minutes later he asked again, "3 mins left".

He then shouted in disgust, "how has it gone from 6 to 3 minutes"

I just instinctively replied, "because 3mins have past".

The look of defeat on his face and all the players buckling around him was great.

I always find players heckling me about time. It is a friggin watch lads, you can't gaslight it.

Being reasonably tall, I had player say I had "doubled" the 10 yards for the wall because of long strides... Last time I checked my legs were not 8ft tall.

Back