A&H

No point educating

If you don't want to debate it, you don't have to, but:

a) You're wrong, my friend, in both law and based on FA guidance
b) Snarkiness or arrogance really isn't necessary to make your point
Okay, I'll pass up on this one.
I can't educate those who refuse to be ... :rolleyes:

The Referee Store
With respect mate, you can't just make stuff up!!
You've correctly identified what dissent is in your post above so now do the easy part and identify what dissent isn't!!
Calling someone an idiot is designed and intended as an insult at best, offensive at worst. You can either choose to sanction it with a red card or bollock the player for it or ignore it. What you can't do is label it as something else and apply an incorrect sanction!!
I've literally just showed you the FA's guidance on sin bins above. At what point did I make something up?

You didn't answer my question; would you sin bin a player in the example I gave?

I've literally just showed you the FA's guidance on sin bins above. At what point did I make something up?

You didn't answer my question; would you sin bin a player in the example I gave?
I'm not here to be drawn into debate over puerile questions. I'm well aware of what the LOTG game say and even your illustration still doesn't support your view or disprove mine. You weren't even able to read properly what I originally posted!!
Enough already ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What you can't do is label it as something else and apply an incorrect sanction!!
I might be misinterpreting, but is this an implication that it is better to do nothing than SB in this situation (given you’re not dismissing the player)?

Normally, I'd be very reluctant to use a card at younger age groups.
Not saying I don't give them (I've sent a 10 year old keeper off before for VC), just I'd rather try and educate, especially if it's their first season at 11v11 and with "proper" officials.

Today's fixture had a few incidents to say the least.

Card free first half, I did have to tell a player though to remove a hat that appeared after pre match checks which he didn't like. Kept pointing to his head saying something like how's it going to affect his head with it on.
At half time, as I've blown the whistle, a player from each side I had to call over as something was said, out of earshot but clearly something bothered the other (a parent brought the incident to my attention and told them both to be quiet). As I've asked them to both come over to me, one attempted to trip the other. I said I can not deal with what's said as I didn't hear it, but I can deal with what I see, and said I don't want to see this again. I told them that I'll be watching their every move in the 2nd half and that they'd best be on good behaviour. Thankfully these two were.

2nd half begins.

Early second half a player apparently made comments to home parents and they told him to be quiet. The away parents on the other side started shouting (and swearing) across the field at the home parents.
Ball come slowly towards me in middle of the pitch. Blew whistle, picked ball up, and shouted "parents, please be quiet. Coaches, if your parents don't stop it, ill continue to stop the game, even abandon it, if they don't calm down. It's kids football".
Got a round of applause as I dropped the ball for restart and got on with it before any one can argue back or blame someone else.

The next 5 minutes are crucial especially as I've just laid down authority. Couple challenges go in, soft, but fouls given. I'm in charge.
Then a reckless foul by away player who is the one giving back chat to me and parents. Easy caution. He doesn't like it as he feels I'm picking on him. No, it was a bad foul to give away.

Few minutes later, a player from each side get into a tug of war with each other, pulling and pushing. Again, 2 easy cautions.
Control massively gained. No complaints.

The first player cautioned walks by telling his coach about a foul not given to him, saying "it's not my fault he's an idiot". Said as he is 2 feet away from me walking by.
Stopped restart, called over and asked if he called me an idiot (just in case it was someone else), and he said yes.
I said to him that I could send him off. Why? He asked. I said it falls under foul, abusive and/or offensive. I reminded him he is on a yellow, clear enough that his coach can hear him. I told him I don't want to hear from him again, and to be very careful.
3 minutes later he commits a challenge from behind, reckless again IMO, and off he goes. Parent calls me stupid. Oh well. I effectively gave the coach a chance to sub him when not sending him off for calling me an idiot. Not my fault he is still on the pitch is it? (Well, maybe, I should've sent him off minutes earlier really).

One more caution for the home side for a similar tackle for the red and that was that.

Definitely earned my money at the end.
Losing side said I done very well and controlled it fantastically.
Winning side didn't even come and thank me or shake my hand.

Considering the young age of the players, swearing in general chat was very common.
One player even told his own parents to shut up and leave him alone as he missed a good chance and said you're making me feel down!
Felt sorry for him.
I’m going to say I can see how this happened and feel for you here.
some words of advice come down harder on home parents initially that stops away parent reaction.
Secondly don’t threaten Red if your going to do it do it if not don’t in your situation I wouldn’t with my tolerance I wouldn’t I think threatening at that age just frustrates players and probably caused the rush of blood tackle.

Back