A&H

New Laws, New Test...

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
The Lancs. FA has decided that in order to keep up to date with the new Laws which are effective from 1/6/2016 that all registered referees undergo a 21 question test on the new Laws with a pass mark of 80%..... if the test is not passed it has been said that no referee will be appointed matches hence forth. They very kindly supplied a version of the new Laws to study online, then given the opportunity to take the test(online) which if passed the referee must forward onto the league appointment officer..... So done test and got 100% ...job done... roll on next season...

The Referee Store
The Lancs. FA has decided that in order to keep up to date with the new Laws which are effective from 1/6/2016 that all registered referees undergo a 21 question test on the new Laws with a pass mark of 80%..... if the test is not passed it has been said that no referee will be appointed matches hence forth. They very kindly supplied a version of the new Laws to study online, then given the opportunity to take the test(online) which if passed the referee must forward onto the league appointment officer..... So done test and got 100% ...job done... roll on next season...
Roll on roll off for referees now?? :):rolleyes:

http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/how-to-close-the-net.7462/

Job Done. :ninja:

That's him

He came to our final Referee Academy meeting of last season and did a presentation called something like 'A lion or a *****cat'

He was absolutely fantastic. In my job I've sat through hundreds, probably thousands of presentations by many many different people, on many different subjects, and he was easily the best I've ever seen.

If anybody every sees a seminar or lecture advertised that is delivered by him you really must go.

So if you don't pass the test you don't get county cup games? I know a few refs who'd jump at that.

So if you don't pass the test you don't get county cup games? I know a few refs who'd jump at that.

I read it as they wouldn't be allowed to referee any games, not just county ones.

It's a brave move as they are going to look very silly if 50% of games are uncovered as loads of referees have dropped off the list. Not to mention worse off financially as FA funding can be reduced if referee numbers and coverage is poor.

This was part of the text :
"As such we have asked League secretaries and appointment officers to support us by not appointing referees to games who have not passed this test"
just about says it all really.....

I'm all for it, but it's a brave move and could well back fire if people either fail the test or just don't take it.

Theyou would then be left with 2 options 1) risk having a large number of games go uncovered 2) back track and appoint referees to games despite them failing or not taking the test

Back