A&H

New FIFA referees

MJW89

Level 4 Referee
Andy Madley and David Coote have been added to the FIFA list of referees for 2020 taking the EPL total to 8:

Oliver
Taylor
Kavanagh
Tierney
Attwell
Pawson
Madley
Coote

Congratulations to them both.

The Referee Store
Andy Madley and David Coote have been added to the FIFA list of referees for 2020 taking the EPL total to 8:

Oliver
Taylor
Kavanagh
Tierney
Attwell
Pawson
Madley
Coote

Congratulations to them both.

Thanks, was announced on 13th December but no one posted on here until today. Their FIFA levels are as below ...

Oliver Elite
Taylor Elite
Kavanagh 2nd Category
Tierney 2nd Category
Attwell 2nd Category
Pawson 1st Category
Madley 2nd Category
Coote 2nd Category

There is a third category, but English referees go straight into cat 2 due to the high level of football they are regularly officiating.

Coote was brilliant yesterday at BDTBL, he really looked the part and not scared to give a soft(ish) penalty... At match speed I didn't see it but I was 80 yards away!!!

Of the eight, I rate five and a half of them. Possibly Mr K topping the list

Last edited:
Thanks, was announced on 13th December but no one posted on here until today. Their FIFA levels are as below ...

Oliver Elite
Taylor Elite
Kavanagh 2nd Category
Tierney 2nd Category
Attwell 2nd Category
Pawson 1st Category
Madley 2nd Category
Coote 2nd Category

There is a third category, but English referees go straight into cat 2 due to the high level of football they are regularly officiating.
Am I right I’m thinking that only Taylor and Oliver can officiate champions league games? The rest I see seem to get EL games?
I’m a big fan of Kavanagh - think he has a very bright future. Pawson and Tierney are steady, Attwell hit and miss and haven’t seen enough of Madley and Coote. Oliver and Taylor on track for the Euro’s do we think?

Am I right I’m thinking that only Taylor and Oliver can officiate champions league games? The rest I see seem to get EL games?
I’m a big fan of Kavanagh - think he has a very bright future. Pawson and Tierney are steady, Attwell hit and miss and haven’t seen enough of Madley and Coote. Oliver and Taylor on track for the Euro’s do we think?

Cat 1 referees likes Pawson will get Champion's League qualifying games, but generally not once the group stages start.

It would be very rare for a country to have two referees at a major tournament, and I suspect Taylor will go with Oliver being left out. But the added VAR factor means they need more referees so that may change things.

Andy Madley is top class.. Expect Rob Jones and Peter Banks to make this list soon, too

Back