A&H

Ned v Arg

The Referee Store
Ref's preference, I prefer quarted when I don't have buzzers as they stand out more but prefer diamond when using buzzers as I don't need them to draw attention to the AR.

Ah ok, I havent used buzzers yet so I wouldnt know haha :p Quite weird considering all the others have been continental

I don't think they're buzzers TBH, don't look like Ervocom's as they're missing the end caps

It doesn't look like it. Some referee's don't like the buzzers at all, draws too much attention .
They're defo not buzzers, they're standard B&D swivel flags I'd say.

It doesn't look like it. Some referee's don't like the buzzers at all, draws too much attention .
They're defo not buzzers, they're standard B&D swivel flags I'd say.
Yep, B&D Swivels i believe! No Buzzers in sight!

Cakir has never used buzzers I'd of said. Same on his champo league games.

Just thought I'd add to this arg vs ned thread rather than creating a new one. Has anyone seen the extended video of Ron vlaars penalty, it appears that after the keeper saves it it bounces back just over the line, without anyone touching it, all in one movement, should it have been a goal? Btw, I've had a long summer already so am a bit rusty on my LOTG, sorry if I'm wrong ;)

My 16 year old son actually rang me, in my refereeing capacity, to ask about this :rolleyes:

Just watched 36 second you tube clip and whole of ball doesn't appear to be over whole of line. Also some comments that suggested that ball had hit vlaar's shoulder or chest after keeper had saved the initial shot. I didn't think that it had from the angle I saw but apparently there is another vid out there that shows it from a better angle, in which case, definitely no goal

Just thought I'd add to this arg vs ned thread rather than creating a new one. Has anyone seen the extended video of Ron vlaars penalty, it appears that after the keeper saves it it bounces back just over the line, without anyone touching it, all in one movement, should it have been a goal? Btw, I've had a long summer already so am a bit rusty on my LOTG, sorry if I'm wrong ;)
For arguments sake, say it went in, you as the referee decide when the penalty is complete, in that case I would quickly go pick the ball up after the keeper had saved it.

Yeah I have no idea if it hit him or not; or if it crossed the line haha. I'd say the penalty was complete by the time it slowly rolled near/over the line anyway

Back