A&H

National League North / South Line

garytheref

Just had my observation through from my game on Saturday on the line in National North. As a new level 3 I am wondering what a good mark would be for these games? I only ask as the mark is considerably lower than what I had last season and only 1 minor advice and just trying to make sense of the new mark

The Referee Store
The average mark is 72.8 last time I saw, but it's really tight in the merit table.
You really need a difficult and correct MCS to get the big marks.

As James says, even more so than in the middle you need something to happen to get a big score. Last season, I would say rule of thumb was :

- competent performance in a match where you had no big decisions to make - 72.5
- as above but with a MCS or something else that made you stand out (e.g. dealing with benches) - 73.0

Anything more than 73 I only saw with one or more MCS

Hey all, first year at step 2 line. Marks this year seem, let’s say low! I’ve picked up two 71.5 off two games with no development points.

Nothing ‘difficult’ occurred in the game, should I be upset with 2x 71.5?

Hey all, first year at step 2 line. Marks this year seem, let’s say low! I’ve picked up two 71.5 off two games with no development points.

Nothing ‘difficult’ occurred in the game, should I be upset with 2x 71.5?
I've heard the same off a colleague. 71.5 in a nothing game isn't horrendous so long as all observers are using the same music sheet

I've heard the same off a colleague. 71.5 in a nothing game isn't horrendous so long as all observers are using the same music sheet
Having seen a couple of pals pulling 72.5-73 for nothing games, it appears not everyone views difficult as the same!

Hopefully the statistics tab will be back on MOAS this week (it was suppose to be back yesterday, so I won’t hold my breath) - it’ll be interesting to see how the average is affected this year with observers not seeing the mark they award.

Hopefully the statistics tab will be back on MOAS this week (it was suppose to be back yesterday, so I won’t hold my breath) - it’ll be interesting to see how the average is affected this year with observers not seeing the mark they award.
If the observer gives the marks how would they not know the score?

If the observer gives the marks how would they not know the score?
They just tick a box for each competency and it works out the score automatically. If they really wanted to they could work it out, but I don't think it automatically shows to them automatically like it used to.

The argument is that a lot of observers leave the ground thinking something like "that feels like a 72", then they grade the competencies and it comes out as a 71.5 or 72.5, so they tweak the mark in a couple to get it to what they expected.

The argument is that a lot of observers leave the ground thinking something like "that feels like a 72", then they grade the competencies and it comes out as a 71.5 or 72.5, so they tweak the mark in a couple to get it to what they expected.
Which works well IMO

The stats tab is back, and considering I’ve been working my balls off and constantly being told I’ve been getting good marks with no dev points, I’m near last 1/4 of marks 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Back