A&H

My match last Sunday

The Referee Store

You do realise that it IS a trick of the camera angle?

He didn't actually get this close to the ball in the match - sure I would remember if he had headed the ball!

There are some pictures of yours truly in that set but after the abuse I got on here last time I posted pics up , don't think I'll be highlighting those!;)

Reactions: SM
I'm not convinced that ANY of those players are wearing adequate shinpads ;-)
(seriously, what on earth is with that? I mean, I wanted medieval battle armour on my shins when I played!!! - never understood the 'shinpad up near the knees' thing either!)
Always great to put a face to the names on here though!!

And I have no issues with a cap. I'd referee up to 5 matches a day down here, so I'd wear the hat all the day just to reduce the exhaustion and dehydration from having the sun on my face. And wearing glasses I'm kind of forced to wear a hat the moment it looks like a cloud on the horizon is vaguely considering the possibility of leaking a little :D

Aha! Mismatching flags! I knew I'd find something to pick on :cool:

What game is that mate? Lovely looking stadium, beautiful day... Assistant in a hat... What more could you ask for!!!! :D

I'm not convinced that ANY of those players are wearing adequate shinpads ;-)
(seriously, what on earth is with that? I mean, I wanted medieval battle armour on my shins when I played!!! - never understood the 'shinpad up near the knees' thing either!)
Always great to put a face to the names on here though!!

And I have no issues with a cap. I'd referee up to 5 matches a day down here, so I'd wear the hat all the day just to reduce the exhaustion and dehydration from having the sun on my face. And wearing glasses I'm kind of forced to wear a hat the moment it looks like a cloud on the horizon is vaguely considering the possibility of leaking a little :D

Aha! Mismatching flags! I knew I'd find something to pick on :cool:

Mismatching flags??? They were high quality buzzer flags from newly promoted level 3 , I'll have you know!

Yes agree about the rain problem ,as you can see I also wear glasses so cap is on almost constant stand by!

If anyone queries it, I always say I would miss even more than usual without it in very bright sun and/or rain!;)

Seriously - its OK at my level, any higher and I would consider contacts I think.

What game is that mate? Lovely looking stadium, beautiful day... Assistant in a hat... What more could you ask for!!!! :D
Middx U18s v Sussex U18s - Last Sunday at Uxbridge FC

It was very very hot and apparently radiator HAD to be on all afternoon in our changing room so showers would work - we had the door open most of the time!:cool:

Reactions: SM
Mismatching flags??? They were high quality buzzer flags from newly promoted level 3 , I'll have you know!

Both flags weren't a set though, surely?

Personally I'm of the opinion that at grassroots in particular where you could be spending a few hours in the sun, nobody has the right to say 'don't wear a hat'.

Though I find it hilarious that at a televised level being blinded by the setting sun is apparently more professional than wearing a hat. God we have some ridiculous priorities sometimes.....

Both flags weren't a set though, surely?

Personally I'm of the opinion that at grassroots in particular where you could be spending a few hours in the sun, nobody has the right to say 'don't wear a hat'.

Though I find it hilarious that at a televised level being blinded by the setting sun is apparently more professional than wearing a hat. God we have some ridiculous priorities sometimes.....

Seriously yes they were.

In the UK the flags ARE different colours - Junior AR takes yellow flag, senior the other one.

Do you have same colour flags as the norm then?

Why on earth are flags done that way? It looks absolutely horrible! You don't see that on TV either.
Here, yes, a pair of flags actually look like each other. I'd hate to see what they tell you guys a pair of socks looks like up your way if a pair of flags looks like that!!!

Some sets used to have a fairly subtle differentiation between junior/senior AR, and some old-school sets have the one orange, one yellow thing happening, usually the orange is senior. But at least even those are the same design.

Don't see the logic behind junior-senior flag separation myself. I can't help but think that screaming 'junior AR' like that would just give some people more ammunition....

Why on earth are flags done that way? It looks absolutely horrible! You don't see that on TV either.
Here, yes, a pair of flags actually look like each other. I'd hate to see what they tell you guys a pair of socks looks like up your way if a pair of flags looks like that!!!

Some sets used to have a fairly subtle differentiation between junior/senior AR, and some old-school sets have the one orange, one yellow thing happening, usually the orange is senior. But at least even those are the same design.

Don't see the logic behind junior-senior flag separation myself. I can't help but think that screaming 'junior AR' like that would just give some people more ammunition....

Yes, but we all know that junior is on the non bench side - or do you not follow that convention either?!;)

It's how the flag system is used throughout all of the professional games in the UK. All televised Premier League games use the different flags - one quartered and one plain.

What are these socks you talk about? As per the LotG, we only wear stockings :D:foot:

Who checked the players' kit? A number of Sussex players with [clearly visible] blue undershorts on underneath their yellow kit. My CFA as well - I'll have to have words!

Back