A&H

MLS incident

The Referee Store
yep he's missed the foul there, possibly a player in between him and the play, which has led to the situation being discussed elsewhere on this site... that being something which is the referees fault has led to dissent.... punishable by YC of course !
His unfortunate positioning has caused a player to potentially get himself cautioned.

Reactions: SM
This is poor. It looked to me like a reckless challenge was missed - and it was pretty clear dissent by both players.

There wasn't a player between the two - it may have been the fouling player himself blocking the view but I don't think so.

Certainly looked like the ref had a poor position to see the challenge, but the reaction from the fouled player should have been enough to persuade him it was at least a foul, even if he didn't see enough of it to give the caution for it. Perhaps the assistant could have helped with a side on view of the challenge - its a long way across the pitch, but with a comms kit he could have helped maybe.

Players throw temper tantrums all the time from legal challenges. I strongly dispute your argument that the referee should have awarded the player a free kick just because he got upset about something.

Back