A&H

Mike Dean.....

The Referee Store
We all know he's not celebrating the goal cause he supports Spurs, he's celebrating the advantage he's played for the goal as he's perfectly entitled to do. I see nothing wrong with it if I'm honest, only the real numpties think that's he's actually celebrating the goal

Fantastic stuff. Passion, character, enjoyment .. all the things a good ref should have (amongst others)

Fact that I'm a Spurs fan is TOTALLY beside the point :)

We all know he's not celebrating the goal cause he supports Spurs, he's celebrating the advantage he's played for the goal as he's perfectly entitled to do. I see nothing wrong with it if I'm honest, only the real numpties think that's he's actually celebrating the goal

Convenient excuse......

Thanks for that insight Alex , there was me thinking he was REALLY ...celebrating ! :D:D

He's not celebrating the goal at all.

He always reacts in some way when an advantage leads to a goal (Swansea last season?); I don't see anything wrong with it, great to see some personality for once.

we have all been there! caught up in the moment!

what the cameras miss is the half volley he did towards goal that set up Dembele for the goal ...

nice to referees contributing to the game in a positive way!

It looked to me like the pulling started outside of the penalty area, so if he had pulled it back shouldn't it have been a free kick?
Not if he thought the holding continued into the area.

P120 of the LOTG: If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

From my recollection, the defender, understandably, stopped the holding once they got in the box. So Free Kick outside the box potentially. Tthough for me, Dembele was able to get away a good clean shot .. so even if he'd missed, he'd already have had the advantage so wouldn't be giving a 'second bite'

@Padfoot your attitude to other referees is genuinely worse than 99.99% of players.

It's a terrible shame that you feel you have to do this.

He's playing an advantage which is sometimes useful during a game of football. You will get to play one day when you can resist the temptation to caution every player on the field, their nans and the turtle that the Centre Back saw on a school trip to the Zoo when he was 6.

Reactions: Kes
iCLs92D.gif

Did he go back and caution the player? The worst bit is when he turns his back on all the players, wonder what his match report would've said if it kicked off in the goalmouth.

I know, I know...

"Whilst busy celebrating the goal, I lost interest in what was happening in the goal mouth. Whatever you saw, that is what happened." :D

Looked terrible as MD's advantages often do. (For the record he's in my top 2 EPL refs)
Hold the arms for far too long in every advantage he give's and this advantage signal was such a clear afterthought (once he realised what a good chance had developed) it was cringeworthy.
He should go easy on the celebrating and be issuing the caution.

Think it's awesome that he shows a bit of passion and character - but gotta say I hate to see these refs on t'telly giving it the big advantage arms when there's clearly no need. Who's he telling to play on? Where's the foul he's supposedly seen? The one three seconds before he sticks his arms out - and a split second before the goal goes in?

I might try this in my next match. Just as someone's about to roll the ball in the net show everyone my advantage arms and give it the big shout. Then run away celebrating. Assessor would love it.

Back