A&H

Mike Dean fist pump moment

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Futsal yesterday and something a bit like a goal from an advantage, possibly more satisfying.

It's 1-1, whites vs greens. Greens on the back foot. Green 49 is the terrier and has missed a few tackles - 2 or 3 with very small contact, nothing given, no complaints, he is being watched closely, it's not tetchy, they would have been very harsh to give. After the third "near miss" I warn him up to play the ball not the player.

A few mins to go in the first chukka (it's futsal remember!) and there is a time out (I know!). I take the opportunity to tell my colleague that we have to whistle if there is a foul by green 49, even if it is very minor.

A few mins later, white break and green 49 makes an attempted shirt pull, catches an arm, small hold, instant whistle, great "i 'fess up" gesture from green 49. There are four seconds of the half remaining. White take it quickly, couple of passes, long range strike, buzzer goes with the ball in flight, in off the post. 2-1. Half time. They went on to win 8-1.

It was a bit of what can be great about futsal. And I was chuffed.

The Referee Store
Back