A&H

Men's and women's pathway

Tom_R

Level 5 Referee
Looking at going for 6-5 and 4W-3W next season. Anyone know if I can have the same games count for both pathways?

The Referee Store
I did both this year - it’s a lot of games and the standard is quite different as the 4W-3W is same marking criteria to 5-4.

What would the scenario look like for a Level 4 wanting to be on the women's pathway at the same time?

Do you know what level that would enable you to be in the middle/on the line for?
Line on Championship, middle on what ever Division is below that. That being said, you will only get appointments if you are on the womens pathway. Like i say you have to apply to be on it now and its not just a given anymore

Not anymore. You are a 3W but have to apply to go on the womens pathway now to go any higher
Incorrect. Even if you’re a level 4 you have to do the normal 4W-3W promotion route like anyone else, so you’re literally being observed by a county observer. A level 4 mate of mine had to do this last season and got promoted to 3W a couple of weeks back.

It’s the same for level 3s as well according to my RDO. No thank you.

Incorrect. Even if you’re a level 4 you have to do the normal 4W-3W promotion route like anyone else, so you’re literally being observed by a county observer. A level 4 mate of mine had to do this last season and got promoted to 3W a couple of weeks back.

It’s the same for level 3s as well according to my RDO. No thank you.
Whilst you are correct in some respects, it was changed this season so that you had to do a fitness test etc to be on the pathway as the level 4 fitness test is no longer adaquate however if you pass the womens 3 - 2 you dont have to do your level 4 fitness as it is more than required as a 4, and we were asked if we wanted to apply for it and even then there was no gaurentee we would get on the pathway even as a 4. Lets be honest, the highest you will ever get as a male on the womens pathway is a 2 as the FA quite rightly want female referees on the WSL to help it grow. Dont know what the score is at 3 as us newbies have not been told yet

Back