A&H

Match fees

U11-12 = £17 (9V9)
U13-16 = £20
U17-18 = £25

Dependent on academy, can range from £25-30 middle, £20 line

The Referee Store
North South divide - cost of living!
Yeah but my match fees aren't going up in proportion to the price of the pies that I eat for breakfast lunch and dinner, (with me being from "the north") in the words of voice over lady on Hirsty's daily dose ( breakfast show) on capital fm
"Everyone knows that god spent 6 days creating heaven and earth, but what most people don't know is that 5 and a half of those days were spent entirely on Yorkshire"

Our fees are paid out at the end of the season, when the refereeing administration costs have been deducted from match fees, and it usually works out to around $25. Which is a measly 13 of your pounds.

Sat AM under 7's for a favour for local team £10
OA football £30 all in unless round trip is 50+ miles and your entitled to an extra £10.

Kent youth league
U13 - u14 £25
U15 u16 - £28
U18 - £30
All as ref ~ + 35p mile

If in KYL U18 prem then is £40 all in

Going back to the OP: maybe she just forgot? I've left games completely forgetting about the money, and it's possible that she may have assumed someone else paid you since you didn't come around asking. Often I have to ask, and different people may have the ability to pay me. Sometimes it even comes from behind the bar.

In a nutshell, I always assume it's my responsibility to find the money. Though if they refuse, of course, that's a whole different matter.

Sounds like Scotland is the place to be for fees. How many games can you get a week? I was doing six or seven which was plenty enough for me to earn my living and not have to work 'a proper job'. ;)

Sounds like Scotland is the place to be for fees. How many games can you get a week? I was doing six or seven which was plenty enough for me to earn my living and not have to work 'a proper job'. ;)

6 or 7? By god, you are keen :eek:.

It can range. Generally I will have 2 every Saturday, morning and afternoon. I will get an odd Sunday, say 1 every 3/4 weeks. And when the clocks go forward in 5 days time, no doubt i'll get mid week games, 1 or 2 at a push on a Tues/Wed.

Our fees are paid out at the end of the season, when the refereeing administration costs have been deducted from match fees, and it usually works out to around $25. Which is a measly 13 of your pounds.
Same in WaiBOP, although now that we are expected to buy our own gear, we do still get travel for one car (a team of three) and they reckon about $30-ish per game.

£30 for assistant ref at Ardingley College on Monday. That plus a beautiful backdrop, a top quality football pitch, an opportunity to enjoy watching the newly crowned u15's English National Schools Champions and tea in the refectory after the game.

on the downside - the carrot cake was way too sweet and creamy, as carrot cake often is

Last edited:
I was Assistant on Crystal Palace U18 v Cardiff U18 last Tuesday and got £50 match fee plus 34p per mile.

Back