A&H

Match Control

jpm1993

Level 7 Referee
Assessors - Is it possible to 'lose match control', after an incident in the 88th minute, after which no incidents of note occurred? Surely if nothing happens after said incident, it is not possible to tell if the referee is in control of the match? Thoughts?

The Referee Store
based on what you've told us, i'd say 'No'.

However, i'm not an assessor and i'd want to see the video of the incident / rest of the match before i could possibly comment further :)

is this something that has happened to you

i'm sure i read somewhere that assessor's should be giving constructive feedback in their reports and not just making criticisms

perhaps this case would fall into that category

based on what you've told us, i'd say 'No'.

However, i'm not an assessor and i'd want to see the video of the incident / rest of the match before i could possibly comment further :)

is this something that has happened to you

i'm sure i read somewhere that assessor's should be giving constructive feedback in their reports and not just making criticisms

perhaps this case would fall into that category
Aye this happened a while back. Was having a good, not great, but good match, until 88th minute where one of the players decided to call the other a C U Next Tuesday. Straight forward dismissal. This then led to a mass confrontation (Nothing I could do to prevent it surely?), which I managed well before getting the game underway again. However in the report from the assessor, he claims I lost match control after this point. But as nothing else happened in the last 5 minutes of the match, I don't really get how he came to that conclusion?

one can only assume that his reference to you losing match control after the sending off....or possibly even after the swearing relates to the mass confrontation and possibly how you dealt with it. it is also possible that he means the immediate aftermath and not the rest of the game

either way, you clearly need clarification to answer your questions and to enable you to benefit from the assessor's comments in future games.

my suggestion - either have a word with an appropriate person at your local r.a. or with the r.d.o. at suffolk f.a.

i appreciate that you addressed your question on here to 'assessors' but perhaps you need answers / help from closer to the source

I won't be following it up - I think it's a bit too easy to complain about an assessment where your marks aren't as high as you'd like, just interested to hear a few opinions on the matter

i didn't think that you were complaining, jpm .... but now i'm not so sure ;)

I won't be following it up - I think it's a bit too easy to complain about an assessment where your marks aren't as high as you'd like, just interested to hear a few opinions on the matter

You're not complaining, you're asking for clarification. Follow it up, it could be something really simple that you could have done differently and that you can use to improve in the future.

A referee complaining,never! It was a few months back now anyway so would be too late anyway. Whether I controlled the mass confrontation correctly isn't my question, I separated the two teams quickly and no major incidents occurred from it. What I am asking is, if after this incident where I apparently lost match control, nothing happens in the match worthy of incident (No dissent towards me, complains about decisions etc), is it possible to judge whether a referee has lost match control?

Back