A&H

Manchester City v Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloovee

RefChat Addict
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/s87d.mp4

Inexcusable decision by Mark Clattenburg, compounded by one of the ARs giving Aguero wrongly offside on multiple occasions (once shortly before Spurs' winner). After the two Spurs offside goals at White Hart Lane, I was hoping for some of the old nonsense that "they even out over a season" but no chance. Even Pellegrini felt the need to complain: “Unfortunately for us it was the same referee, Clattenburg, as when we lost against Tottenham in the first round with two goals offside. It was decisive for the game. For me I don’t think it is a good decision to have the same referee." (He's a bit late catching on, as most City fans would never want Clattenburg to officiate any City game again - way too much history...)

The Referee Store
Very fortuitous penalty ... and I'm a Spurs fan! Looked to me like Clatts blew for the handball thinking it was outside and then realised he had no option but to give a PK as it was clearly inside. That said, poor defending, as by turning your back and flinging an arm out you leave yourself exposed to this type of error. Compare that to when Danny Rose was defending where he stayed face on and 'took one for the team' in his midriff.

Makes a very pleasant change for the rub of the green to work in Tottenham's favour for a change :)

Very fortuitous penalty ... and I'm a Spurs fan! Looked to me like Clatts blew for the handball thinking it was outside and then realised he had no option but to give a PK as it was clearly inside. That said, poor defending, as by turning your back and flinging an arm out you leave yourself exposed to this type of error. Compare that to when Danny Rose was defending where he stayed face on and 'took one for the team' in his midriff.

Makes a very pleasant change for the rub of the green to work in Tottenham's favour for a change :)

Except he didn't fling an arm out.

And it took some work to find but here's the one he didn't give City at Anfield in 2014...

skrt_1957794a.jpg

Yes it was an error, but really Bloovee as a referee do you really think MC has a grudge against Man City?

Also as you well know, he is never going to overrule offside calls by an AR, so that's just a nonsense criticism.

Also on at least one angle you can see that Stirling's arm does make a movement towards the ball, clearly this is what MC saw.

As we all know we have all "seen" things that in fact were "wrong". Any ref who says he hasn't is either a liar or not done many games!

And it took some work to find but here's the one he didn't give City at Anfield in 2014...
We all know that Martin Škrtel has an exemption and cannot be punished for any offence he commits within his own penalty area! :D

Can you hear Spurs fans complaining about this now?
wpid-article-1322141344916-01f865d10000044d-241885_636x300.jpg

Same referee....proof decisions even themselves out!! :eek::D:p

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/s87d.mp4

Inexcusable decision by Mark Clattenburg, compounded by one of the ARs giving Aguero wrongly offside on multiple occasions (once shortly before Spurs' winner). After the two Spurs offside goals at White Hart Lane, I was hoping for some of the old nonsense that "they even out over a season" but no chance. Even Pellegrini felt the need to complain: “Unfortunately for us it was the same referee, Clattenburg, as when we lost against Tottenham in the first round with two goals offside. It was decisive for the game. For me I don’t think it is a good decision to have the same referee." (He's a bit late catching on, as most City fans would never want Clattenburg to officiate any City game again - way too much history...)

He did forget to mention that in the 4-1 defeat where two spurs goals were offside, city's only goal was also offside...

Not by two yards. Our offside was a very close call at speed, Spurs' were blatant.

"Yes it was an error, but really Bloovee as a referee do you really think MC has a grudge against Man City?"

I'm not sure how to answer that within the forum rules! If he hasn't then he's very unlucky to have had badly off-form ARs in two games against us this season, as well as that handball, and sending off Bellamy for a non-dive after commenting adversely on him to the manager at half time, and (we're back 7 years now) not seeing the Adebayor stamp on Van Persie when it was right in front of him but saying he'd have sent him off if he had, and there's more... You did ask! I don't think City fans keep that sort of mental score for any other referee (not since Alan Wilkie helped United to a treble with an equally baffling penalty in an FA cup tie...)

As MC was not given an Everton game for 5 years after the 2007 Merseyside derby there's some precedent!

Not sure that I can say what I actually think of Clattenburg without getting myself banned from the forum.

What I will say is that the penalty decision at the weekend was a shocker, and that I wasn't in the least bit surprised. No referee has been as universally hated by City fans since the days of Graham Poll, and I think it goes back to the Bellamy incident at Bolton, why would Mark Hughes say that without some foundation?

My personal issue with Clattenburg comes down to his style. He has to be the centre of attention! What kind of referee has an agent??? (And yes, he is being investigated over yet another conflict of interest).

Gentlemen... I have deleted one post as I have no desire to see this degenerate into a bun fight. Don't make me close it.

I hope I'm not overstepping the bounds here but all I can say is that assuming that bloovee is the same person that used to post on the old RA forum (and I'm pretty sure he is) then I think have detected a tendency for him to look at the world, or at least at games involving Man City, through somewhat sky-blue tinged spectacles. :rolleyes:

Mods - feel free to delete this if you think it goes too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back