A&H

Man city v southampton

he did, not like the comms team to get it wrong though eh!

on that note i though hinchcliffe came across as the worst co comms ive heard (and when compared to the other dross out there that's some achievement) so negative and awful opinions
Agreed - he makes watching the game such a chore. Don't know what it is but so many of the commentators just sound bored and sit there spouting negative nonsense for 90 minutes. I found Hinchcliffe's absolute insistence that McCarthy hadn't touched Foden hilarious!

On the same note, how refreshing is Amazon's coverage? Peter Drury and Ally McCoist are just two guys watching and commentating on the game they love and it really shows. I could listen to them all day every day.

The Referee Store
Agreed - he makes watching the game such a chore. Don't know what it is but so many of the commentators just sound bored and sit there spouting negative nonsense for 90 minutes. I found Hinchcliffe's absolute insistence that McCarthy hadn't touched Foden hilarious!

On the same note, how refreshing is Amazon's coverage? Peter Drury and Ally McCoist are just two guys watching and commentating on the game they love and it really shows. I could listen to them all day every day

yep, easily the best on tv them two, mccoist is class

On the same note, how refreshing is Amazon's coverage? Peter Drury and Ally McCoist are just two guys watching and commentating on the game they love and it really shows. I could listen to them all day every day.
Hinchcliffe was a former city player(perhaps a fan also?) so maybe that was why he came across irate?

Either way its understandable people are frustrated with the non penelty, its pretty stonewall too me. Just seems like the process is flawed though because if Jon Moss says he is not sure if there is contact, then Madley on VAR would of then confirmed there wasn't and a pen would be given but because Moss thought there was a slight touch and the VAR seemingly had no clear evidence either way, he could not overturn or recommend an on field review so no penelty. Bonkers.

Hinchcliffe was a former city player(perhaps a fan also?) so maybe that was why he came across irate?

Either way its understandable people are frustrated with the non penelty, its pretty stonewall too me. Just seems like the process is flawed though because if Jon Moss says he is not sure if there is contact, then Madley on VAR would of then confirmed there wasn't and a pen would be given but because Moss thought there was a slight touch and the VAR seemingly had no clear evidence either way, he could not overturn or recommend an on field review so no penelty. Bonkers.

it dont feel like he thought it was a pen at all, city fans in general feel he certainly doesnt favour city!

The only explanation I can come up with is Moss said he saw it and played advantage, in that case giving a penalty becomes more of a problem. If that isn't the case and Andy Madley genuinely felt there hadn't been a C&O error, that would be very worrying.

Deafening silence from PGMOL?

Apart from, "A report from the Manchester Evening News on Thursday revealed that the Premier League have written to managers, directors of football, and club captains across the division to send in recommendations to improve VAR and the current interpretations on key decision."

That's simple enough: stop making stupid calls, and/or blaming the stupid wording of the protocols.

Back