A&H

Madrid derby

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Anyone watching on itv4?

If so, can someone help on the non goal for offside.
It's not an offence to be in an offside position. He (Rudiger) was, in my opinion, dragged down before ball got near him (he didn't play or have a chance to), but goal ruled out for offside.

The Referee Store
Anyone watching on itv4?

If so, can someone help on the non goal for offside.
It's not an offence to be in an offside position. He (Rudiger) was, in my opinion, dragged down before ball got near him (he didn't play or have a chance to), but goal ruled out for offside.
Haven’t seen it, but from your description, I would conclude that the AR/R determined that he interfered with an opponent by challenging for the ball before the opponent fouled him.

Haven’t seen it, but from your description, I would conclude that the AR/R determined that he interfered with an opponent by challenging for the ball before the opponent fouled him.
But VAR is in play, and did have a look at it.
Surely they can see and say whether he actually was interfering.

But VAR is in play, and did have a look at it.
Surely they can see and say whether he actually was interfering.
Again, I haven’t seen it, but if he is a position to be fouled, it sounds like he is challenging the opponent for the ball, which is one of the defined ways to interfere with an opponent. From what you wrote, it wounds like a good call to me, but I’d have to see it to have a strong opinion.

as far as VAR, yes, video review can be used to reverse an OS cal like this so long as the R didn’t blow the whistle before the ball crossed the goal line.

I watched the first half before I remembered the rugby was on. My view is the ball went so far over Rudiger's head there's no way on earth he was either interfering with play or interfering with an opponent. He can't have been challenging the opponent for the ball as not even someone 7 feet tall would have got anywhere near it, there was a challenge but it certainly wasn't for the ball. Goal should have stood in my opinion.

Back