A&H

Level 3 promotion

I put "pass" in inverted commas because the mark of 70 is the minimum expected mark at Level 4 or 3 in England, for example.
In games where the referee is not overly tested, good observers look for the referee's part in it being an easier game to referee, movement and proximity, communication, management of situations (e. g. early corner kicks at each end) and the other elements which combine to create a good performance.
It is easier to increase one's mark in a more competitive game, but equally it is easy to decrease the mark.

edited for accuracy

The Referee Store
I put "pass" in inverted commas because the mark of 70 is the minimum expected mark at Level 4 or 3 in England, for example.

Ah well, I don't know the English way. That seems a bit harsh then.

For us, the "pass mark" is the promotion mark. So it won't cost us any points at all, thankfully.

Ah well, I don't know the English way. That seems a bit harsh then.

For us, the "pass mark" is the promotion mark. So it won't cost us any points at all, thankfully.
How does that work if you are banded then? At levels 4 and above referees are tabled in a merit list based on performance. If everybody that passed got the promotion score how would promotion be determined?
Perhaps the schemes are different, certainly seems that way, your system sounds more like out 7-6-5-4 schemes.

Perhaps the schemes are different, certainly seems that way, your system sounds more like out 7-6-5-4 schemes.

Most probably. :)

I'll find out more next season as I'm trying to move from county to national level next season ~ dependent on whether I can do the fitness test. It is very likely to be a completely different process there, assuming I try for promotion again.

Deadline for CFAs to submit their 5 to 4 nominations is 16th May. From recollection L3 & L4 promotions are generally announced at very similar times so late May would be the earliest. That said, I'd also be surprised if it tipped over into June so best guess would be around 20-30 May

Just to add to this, our step 7 league is still ggoing till the end of May. Club and observer marks count upto 14th May

As Tealleaf has said, 11-a-side games cannot be played in the month of June without special permission from CFA or the FA. This includes friendlies, and any game played in June without special permission would be deemed to be unsanctioned.

Will the level 5-4 promotions be announced at the same time as the 4-3’s?

Back