A&H

Leicester Arsenal - Red Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't, as there is no way on earth that wide defender could get back if the attacker hadn't been fouled.

Rubbish.

The defender might have intercepted or he might not have done.....that element of doubt is exactly why it doesn’t tick the obvious box.

But then you’re well known for supporting the PGMOL guys even when they make glaring errors such as this, so I expect nothing less than such assertions.

The Referee Store
Rubbish.

The defender might have intercepted or he might not have done.....that element of doubt is exactly why it doesn’t tick the obvious box.

But then you’re well known for supporting the PGMOL guys even when they make glaring errors such as this, so I expect nothing less than such assertions.

So your giving a defender any benefit of any doubt even though the attacker is the one who has been illegally chopped down?
On your theroy we are into the question of defenders ability/speed, on near any dogso there could be someone who could have got back and intercepted.

The question is not, would the other defender have got there

Its

Has the attacker been denied a chance to score a goal by the actions of an opponent

Hope this picture evidence displaying someone who has more experience of top level games than all of us on here put together can help some posters with the ifs and buts of defenders getting back to cover.
Pic a. Surely a dosgo
But wait, pic b, look at all the defenders who could have and indeed did get back.

Attachments

• IMG_6299.PNG
    IMG_6299.PNG
    634.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6300.PNG
    IMG_6300.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
My point is, of course if you weigh up every if and but about another defender(s) getting back then you can find excuses to show a yellow, in my example, there soon becomes 3 plus gk to beat.
The focus should be on , could the attacker get a chance to score, not, could the defender have got back in time

So your giving a defender any benefit of any doubt even though the attacker is the one who has been illegally chopped down?
On your theroy we are into the question of defenders ability/speed, on near any dogso there could be someone who could have got back and intercepted.

Its

Has the attacker been denied a chance to score a goal by the actions of an opponent

Wrong.

You’ve missed the vitally important word ‘obvious’ out of your question.

If there is any doubt, which clearly there is, then it’s no longer ‘obvious’ and therefore cannot be a red card.

In my opinion on the OP it is obvious goal scoring opportunity
Its not, do I think he will actually score, but, do I think he has been denied the chance to score.

Rubbish.

No, I back what I believe are the correct decisions, whether the referee got it right or wrong on the day.

Presumably Arsenal didn't think it was wrong either given they didn't appeal it.

Be prepared for.....Arsenal never appealed it because its a waste of money and the guys aswell serving his ban now as there is nothing to play for...

Its

But it's not 'chance' is it? It's 'obvious'.

This is after all a subjective debate based on the words 'obvious and opportunity'. Put 100 refs in a room and you'll never get unanimity on anything subjective. So I can't see how anyone can be 100% right or wrong here

Be prepared for.....Arsenal never appealed it because its a waste of money and the guys aswell serving his ban now as there is nothing to play for...

So you judge the accuracy of decisions on whether they are appealed or not?

Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back