A&H

Kit with EA sports badges

Bradley Totney

Hi guys,
I have a Nike referee shirt from last season with the EA Sports badges on the sleeves and County badge on left pocket. What do you all think about wearing it?

Thanks,
Brad

A&H International
Hmm even if your league/county don't specifically stated that you can't wear badges other than the county or FAMOA ones I wouldn't.

You're only going to open yourself up to abuse, especially if you have a bad game or something.

Yeah I see. It's at the bottom of my bag never been worn and I'm in 2 minds to wear it or not, I got it off eBay simply because I only had 1 shirt at the time, more out of desperation than anything but I don't want it to go to waste if you know what I mean?

Official line for those of us slumming it in the lower leagues - Big No No! Unless working on a league where the referees are officially sponsored, advertising other than the manufacturer's logo is strictly prohibited. On a wider scale, strict Olympic advertising rules and potential legal action from both parties led adidas to removing vizable 3 stripes from their referee's kits.

Seen plenty of referees about with non-compliant kit including fully badged black and yellow adidas kit from a few seasons ago etc. Even if you manage to slip through the net without detection, still opening yourself up potentially for a whole bucket load of unnecessary comments from players, coaches and parents!

I have an EA jumper - purchased off eBay. Spoke to an RDO with regards to wearing it - was informed that it shouldn't be a problem as long as its not in County Leagues and up. So it is fine when refereeing youth/kids games or sunday leagues, so I've been told anyway - but this is a warmup jumper, not a shirt.

Better off contacting your RDO first, rather than opening yourself up to abuse and trouble.

Back