A&H

Kit with EA sports badges

Bradley Totney

Hi guys,
I have a Nike referee shirt from last season with the EA Sports badges on the sleeves and County badge on left pocket. What do you all think about wearing it?

Thanks,
Brad

The Referee Store
Hmm even if your league/county don't specifically stated that you can't wear badges other than the county or FAMOA ones I wouldn't.

You're only going to open yourself up to abuse, especially if you have a bad game or something.

Yeah I see. It's at the bottom of my bag never been worn and I'm in 2 minds to wear it or not, I got it off eBay simply because I only had 1 shirt at the time, more out of desperation than anything but I don't want it to go to waste if you know what I mean?

Official line for those of us slumming it in the lower leagues - Big No No! Unless working on a league where the referees are officially sponsored, advertising other than the manufacturer's logo is strictly prohibited. On a wider scale, strict Olympic advertising rules and potential legal action from both parties led adidas to removing vizable 3 stripes from their referee's kits.

Seen plenty of referees about with non-compliant kit including fully badged black and yellow adidas kit from a few seasons ago etc. Even if you manage to slip through the net without detection, still opening yourself up potentially for a whole bucket load of unnecessary comments from players, coaches and parents!

I have an EA jumper - purchased off eBay. Spoke to an RDO with regards to wearing it - was informed that it shouldn't be a problem as long as its not in County Leagues and up. So it is fine when refereeing youth/kids games or sunday leagues, so I've been told anyway - but this is a warmup jumper, not a shirt.

Better off contacting your RDO first, rather than opening yourself up to abuse and trouble.

Back