A&H

John Cummings........what a prat!

Hmmmm.
Youngest referee to officiate at Wembley.
Youngest ever EPL 4th official
Youngest referee to referee in the EPL(where he still looks out of place 4/5 years later)
Youngest ever FL AR
Youngest ever FL ref
I'm sure his rise wasn't "lubricated" in the slightest.
The current situation of dad/son/future daughter in high ranking positions is incredulous and no reasonable person would believe this purely coincidence.
Whilst I fully & firmly believe Michael's rise was helped by the high-ranking position and knowledge of his father, I vehemently disagree with you that 'he still looks out of place'. I don't think he looked out of place 5 years ago when he was appointed, and definitely not now. I do think he's still not quite ready for the 'massive' games, but the guy's still in his 20's, so what do you expect?

In terms of his other half, she was appointed to Northumberland RDO as a part-time RDO when Clive Oliver stepped up from RDO to (I think) CEO. He still does a number of the things an RDO would do, along with Lucy.

Finally, with the exceptions of being on the SG panel of referees, Michael Oliver holds no further 'high-ranking position' having stepped down from his role as academy development following the incident in relation to the OP of this thread!

The Referee Store
having read the last bit of Dan's post, above, a little digging showed me that my 'well done Northumberland F.A.' was misplaced. well done, rather, to Michael Oliver and the other four members who resigned over Northumberland F.A.'s initial failure to do more than suspend Cummings for 4 months.

To be fair to Cummings, his wife has clearly spent most of her life in the kitchen, judging from his waistline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-making-sexist-comments-referee-Lucy-May.html[/QUOTE]

I vehemently disagree with you that 'he still looks out of place'. I don't think he looked out of place 5 years ago when he was appointed, and definitely not now. I do think he's still not quite ready for the 'massive' games, but the guy's still in his 20's, so what do you expect?

Only ref I've ever seen get headbutted in the EPL and take no action. Had a chance to change things for the better for THOUSANDS of refs...bottled it.

Disagree with that actually. Phil Dowd got headbutted by Lee Cattermole and did nothing about it.

As it so happens, I haven't seen the Hart-Oliver incident so can't actually pass comment in relation to the incident itself

It was quick so he might not have realised what it looked like to everyone else in fairness.

When he saw it on the tv later that day though....

He looked up as it happened so couldn't have been 100% sure. Hart was very clever and should have been retrospectively punished

Back