A&H

Insane workload

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
I have posted this before but it cant surely be getting worse
Oliver reffed in Spain last night, Thurs, meaning he wont be home, if he goes home, until Friday afternoon
Barely time to open the mail as off to Manchester for the Sat evening game, so, probably being at hotel just after lunchtime
We then assume he wont need to go onto the pitch, which is just as well as he got the weekends biggest game at Anfield the next day, so safe to assume a Saturday night hotel also

Not sure too many players partake in three huge games in three days,without a decent time to recover mentally, certainly not ideal preparation for the weekends glamour game

The Referee Store
100 hour week last week in 3 countries, 1251 miles,
50+ so far this week including two days at Legoland (on the phone constantly).
23 calls on for next week in 4 days.....

I do what Oliver does and more!!! Its just not on TV....

100 hour week last week in 3 countries, 1251 miles,
50+ so far this week including two days at Legoland (on the phone constantly).
23 calls on for next week in 4 days.....

I do what Oliver does and more!!! Its just not on TV....

As vital a cog in the wheel as you are, Oliver has risk of being fatigued and wrongly awarding Chelsea a last min pk

Which would be pleasing

As vital a cog in the wheel as you are, Oliver has risk of being fatigued and wrongly awarding Chelsea a last min pk
Which would be pleasing
I can't even join in the fun at Legoland being a black Ninjago without taking 275 enquiries in 4 weeks from multimillion pound company crapping theirselves with the latest HSE edict... Even the dog bites me when I get home... At least Michael only performs for 90 minutes at a time!!! (Good referee though, I like him)

Miley every Liverpool fan knows that Hazard will have one of those games so the wrongly given penalty by Micheal Oliver because he is tired won't matter. Good thing the game is the last one of the weekend as them losing means I only miss one MOTD

Technically it is 3 huge games in 4 days, not 3, and one of those is holding a board so not exactly taxing. In the very unlikely even he had to go on for Saturday's game they would replace him on Liverpool vs Chelsea unless it was just for a few minutes - Taylor and Marriner are both also 4th men on Saturday without a Sunday game so could easily step in.

Not ideal I know, but I don't think two actual games in 4 days is too taxing, no different to what Chelsea are doing.

its not simply the 90 mins, its the mental preparation and travelling, and rest and all the other effects

given he will have flown to Spain Weds, hotel, Thurs, hotel, then flown home Fri, its a tiring week all in.

He'll have flown out Thursday morning I suspect, and back on an early Friday flight and back home by midday. More than 24 hours at home as drive or train to Manchester on Saturday morning, drive to Liverpool hotel on Saturday night then drive / train home at around 7pm. It is a lot of travelling and hotel stays, but unless he gets a European game next week he'll have all of next week to himself, potentially with a PGMOL meet up one of the days.

There's a lot of people working much longer hours than that and for a lot less. I get the pressure, but I'd be a lot more worried about a junior doctor operating on someone at the end of a 14 hour shift than I would be of a referee taking charge after a game after he has been pampered for the past few days with business / 1st class travel and 5-star hotels.

don't disagree totally.
its possibly the 4th official gig at Old Trafford that could sensibly have gone to someone else.

As I have posted before, there is no, or should be no, reason for the over load at all.

its not like he gains anything out of the 4th official gig.

Back